State Street Corporation: Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us
At the moment we are looking for candidates for the position of
Fund Accounting Manager, Officer
Job ID: 144321
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was first established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2500 staff members at three sites across the city and will now open a new office in Gdańsk. This will offer multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle as our Poland branch provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits (including Employee Savings Plan) and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose Of Role:
Directly Responsible for Fund Groups servicing Clients Headed by Team Supervisor therefore require strong staff management and client servicing skills.
- Develop and build up a strong relationship with the client areas in Europe.
- Assume responsibility for all Fund Accounting operational tasks.
- Maintain managerial oversight of all operations conducted by the Fund Group in Poland.
- Ensure sufficiently trained staff is available to service the client/s and deliver quality service.
- Assume responsibility for the implementation of client specific Fund Accounting projects (new business development review, planning & roll out).
- Ensure Senior Fund Accounting Manager & Donor site CRM are adequately updated on a regular basis regarding all aspects of your client/s account, highlighting all potential risks with possible solutions in a timely manner.
- Initial point of contact for Fund Accounting Senior Associate(s) in your charge.
- Conduct Performance appraisals and objective setting.
- Provide weekly reporting on issues and status to management team.
Leadership and Management
- Lead and motivate staff, particularly direct reports.
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behaviour; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate and implement training and development activities for the Senior Associate(s) within your charge.
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to Senior Associate(s) on technical, professional and client issues.
- Agree goals for Senior Associate(s) & team annually and keep up to date on the PPR system during the year.
- Monitor and appraise the performance of Senior Associate(s) - providing regular formal and informal feedback ensuring the PPR system is updated within corporate deadlines.
- Manage resources & take responsibility for the recruitment of new Fund Accounting staff.
Management of Client Delivery
- Attend service calls as required and plan accordingly for confirmed projects. Act as primary liaison for Fund Accounting Poland’s activities.
- Continually review the Operating Environment & implement improvements where necessary - to that end, to be knowledgeable of :
- both Standard & Client Operating Procedures
- daily processes & controls associated with such
- ensuring accuracy of procedures and adherence of same within the fund group;
- evaluate the continuing effectiveness of core and related systems, initiating remedial action as necessary. Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures.
- Monitor team expertise on all aspects of client operations through the use of a team knowledge matrix.
- Where client initiatives involve the need to amend the current process, liaise with the appropriate Staff Members/Client Relationship Managers to ensure full understanding of current vs. future state and potential gaps/business impacts that may require project support.
- Identify issues and problems with client delivery and carry out necessary corrective action, keeping Senior Fund Accounting Manager and CRM informed of issue. Record issues in an offline issues log and track progress (action plan).
- Maintain close contact with the team Senior Associate, Senior Fund Accounting Manager & CRM, briefing him/her on all issues and problems both actual and potential.
- Liaise with counterparts in Europe to implement best practice approaches and to ensure that service objectives are met.
- Run monthly meeting with team (regular weekly meetings to be conducted by Senior Associate) which specifically focuses on client initiatives, team training etc ensuring any action points are followed up.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients third parties and colleagues, communicating effectively through formalised reporting (MIS, CRM & Senior Ops KPIs) and ad hoc liaison.
- Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries and liaise with appropriate parties to resolve/ escalate queries / problems within agreed timescales.
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- Confident in dealing with all situations; Excellent Communication; Organisational and Report Writing skills; Proficient in the use of MS Office tools including Word and Excel.
- Proven experience of team management in a financial services environment.
Level Of Education:
- Primary Degree or a Professional or Accounting qualification or equivalent.
Previous Level Of Experience:
- 4+ years working in the provision of fund administration services or have worked in another aspect of the Financial Services Industry for a number of years.
Critical Behaviors for Success as defined
- Exercise sound judgment in all matters
- Leverage knowledge and technology to ensure optimal results
- Drive execution of all client and business related tasks
- Provide outstanding service to all client/s - internally & externally
- Communicate effectively at all levels within the organization
- Display organizational insight & influence
- Foster collaboration & team work
- Develop talent
- Leader / Motivator
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.
To apply for the position please visit our website www.statestreet.com/plcareers
Job ID: 144321 / Location: Gdańsk
Skorzystaj proszę z poniższego formularza, aby wysłać swoją aplikację bezpośrednio do pracodawcy. Wystarczy, że podasz swoje dane i dołączysz dokumenty aplikacyjne, a my wyślemy wiadomość do osoby rekrutującej. Potwierdzenie wysłania aplikacji zostanie przesłane na podany przez Ciebie adres e-mail. Powodzenia!
Wysyłając aplikację zgadzasz się na gromadzenie i przetwarzanie Twoich danych osobowych w celach rekrutacyjnych przez firmę publikującą ogłoszenie. Jeśli nazwa firmy nie jest podana, zostanie Ci ona przekazania jedynie w sytuacji, gdy Twoja kandydatura zostanie uwzględniona w procesie rekrutacyjnym. Twoje dane osobowe są ponadto gromadzone w celach statystycznych przez firmę MBE group Sp. z o.o. W każdej chwili przysługuje Ci prawo żądania usunięcia tych danych. Jeśli nie akceptujesz powyższych postanowień, nie wysyłaj proszę aplikacji na to ogłoszenie.
Trwa wysyłanie aplikacji. Prosimy o chwilę cierpliwości.
Dziękujemy za przesłanie aplikacji. Została ona przekazana pracodawcy, a potwierdzenie wysłaliśmy na adres mailowy podany przez Ciebie w formularzu.
Zapraszamy do założenia konta w serwisie KarierawFinansach.pl. Zajmie Ci to nie więcej niż 5 minut, a dzięki rejestracji otrzymasz dostęp do wielu atrakcyjnych funkcjonalności serwisu, np. powiadomień z ofertami pracy dostosowanymi do Twoich preferencji. Ponadto Twoje CV załączone do aplikacji zostanie automatycznie dołączone do profilu, dzięki czemu mogą dotrzeć do Ciebie pracodawcy i w ten sposób szybciej znajdziesz pracę.