Royal Dutch Shell
is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow
sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Work location: Kraków, Zabierzów (pow. krakowski)
Execution of complex Local HR Processes, in line with existing policies and procedures, assuring high quality data management in Shell People, as well as documentation, including on-going support to employees.
Management of cases according to established ways of working, including:
- Taking ownership of end-to-end processes
- Handing-off cases to other teams in HR Services as required,
- Dealing with third party service providers,
Timely escalation of complex queries to senior advisors, SME’s and policy teams.
Liaising with HR Business Partners, HR in the Country, Employees, and Line Managers, as required in order to resolve cases.
Building partnerships with HR Partners by clarifying policies and procedures, giving and asking for updates on case status, gathering missing data necessary for case processing, identifying best practices and knowledge sharing.
Providing input for Knowledge Management
Sharing best practices within the team, striving for continual improvement in service delivery, participating in improvement initiatives.
- English C1 is a must
- Tertiary qualification – preferably in HR or Business Administration.
- Minimum 1-2 years work experience – previous experience in Shared Service, Call Centre, Service environment is an advantage.
- Exposure to an administration and /or services oriented position preferable.
- Experience in service excellence.
- SAP experience is an advantage.
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft suite of products).
Number of Vacancies: 1
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer