Royal Dutch Shell
is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow
sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Senior Finance Accountant
Work location: Kraków, Zabierzów (pow. krakowski)
- Complete all assigned standard, non-standard, complex process activities (General Leger, Group Reporting, Management Information, Statutory and other) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare monthly analysis of financials - production, P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow (analysis of trends, movements’ explanation, being able to understand and reflect the impact of business events on financials).
- Support Process Area Leads.
- Support FO with expertise.
- Provide expertise to Finance Operation (FO) and non FO stakeholders: Krakow GFRM / IFRS subject matter expert.
- Coaching lower Job Group colleagues.
- Participate and lead cross process / organization projects.
- Initiate and lead process and cross process improvements.
- Resolve and escalate issues timely and effectively.
- Comply with team, centre, process and global policies and procedures.
- Manage effectively interfaces with FO and non FO stakeholders, build end to end perspective.
- SOAR owner/supervisor.
- Ensure operational and design effectiveness of the controls within areas of responsibility.
- Control owner / control operator (RDS, FCM, business).
- Actively participate in backup structure.
Number of Vacancies: 1
- Experience in financial statements preparation.
- ACCA/CIMA/IFRS or similar post-graduate qualification - optional (Big 4 experience is equivalent).
- At least 6 years experience in Finance or Accounting.
- Excellent written and spoken business level in English.
- University degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Excellent knowledge of all accounting processes or previous experience in other departments within Finance Operations.
- Advanced working knowledge of Word, Excel and MS Outlook.
- Experience of using a major ERP system such as SAP – optional.
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer