State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Accountant, Associate 2
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-614357
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose Of Role:
You’ll be joining the Payment HUB team in Financial Shared Service Center Cracow (Poland), which provides a wide range of services to multiple State Street Bank locations, including EMEA and North America.
The Team provides operation support for Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA), Foreign Exchange for Cash (FX4Cash) and Cross Border Low Value Payments (XBACH).
- Perform the end-to-end accounting processes that may include [but are not limited to]: accounting documents processing, payments preparation, preparation of financial statements , etc
- Work according to priorities and deadlines outlined by the Team Leader
- Maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior ensuring accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures
- Monitor and confirm to direct manager completeness of daily tasks delivery at the end of each business day
Keep Service Quality
- Take responsibility for the quality of service to assigned clients
- Identify [and execute] process improvements. Keep process documentation up to date [change management]
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and suggest necessary corrective action, keeping team and direct manager informed of issue; record occurring issues in the issues log and track progress
- Complete your job-related tasks as designed by procedures and requested by the manager independently - following the principles of (1) quality (2) completeness and (3) timeliness. Support junior staff with the job-related tasks; act as SME
- Ensure adherence to Company and Departmental policies and procedures
- Maintain close contact with direct manager, briefing him/her on all issues and problems both actual and potential
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with client, colleagues and key internal suppliers
- Participate in Service Reviews and ad hoc client/donor site meetings as requested accordingly to the role
- Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries and liaise with appropriate parties to resolve/ escalate queries / problems within agreed timescales [in agreement with direct manager, depending on situation try to resolve/escalate on own responsibility]
- Ensure that direct manager is kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact upon the quality of service being given.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 1 years of Professional experience in finance and/or other related fields.
- Knowledge of international payments/settlements would be beneficial.
- An ability to adhere to multiple deadlines, with good time management and the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment also the ability to lead and motivate a team of people.
- An innovative and structured approach to work, coupled with an ability to continuously identify and implement process improvements.
- A willingness to take ownership of problems and an ability to communicate with clients, and colleagues at all levels whilst being customer service focused.
- PC application knowledge and good Excel skill-set are necessary.
- Advance Language skills, written and verbal in English and country language if required.
- Attention to details is crucial
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.