Market Risk Control FRTB Specialist
Job Reference #
Are you a Market Risk Control Specialist eager to join a large-scale, high-profile, regulatory change project? Would you like to take a unique role, and a great opportunity to expand both financial markets and regulatory knowledge, and develop project management skills? We are looking for someone like this to:
• support planning, completion and transparent communication of FRTB deliverables
• develop FRTB compliant risk control framework
• support Backtesting and PNL Attribution processes during parallel run
• provide analysis on FRTB Trading Book/ Banking Book classification and capital impact
• perform UAT testing and provide recommendations for optimal implementation
• build FRTB related process and policy documentation
• interact and discuss with stakeholders across teams and regions
You will be part of a dedicated FRTB working group within Market & Treasury Risk Control (MTRC), and interact closely with MTRC Equities, Fixed Income, and Treasury teams. Your work will be in a dynamic and fast paced environment, in close collaboration with various business and control functions across the group. In this role, you will be responsible for delivery of FRTB requirements from market risk perspective – primarily focusing on Backtesting and PNL Attribution processes. You will also be involved in assessment of risk control functionality, operating model, capital impact and TB/BB boundary; and in FRTB project management activities. The ideal candidate is familiar with risk processes and controls, has strong analytical skills, and interest in regulatory agenda. The Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB) is a Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS) initiative to overhaul trading book capital rules, with the aim of replacing the current set of measures under Basel 2.5 with a more coherent and consistent framework.
• a master’s degree – preferably in a quantitative discipline (Mathematics/ Physics/ Engineering), or in Finance/ Economics
• at least 2-3 years of working experience in risk, knowledge of risk processes/ controls/ reporting is a plus
• fluency in English
• experience in data management & analysis, programming ability is a plus
• excellent presentation skills - communicating clearly and convincingly
• profound interest in financial markets and regulatory agenda, knowledge of FRTB is a plus
• ability to interact with people at different levels within the organisation, and to summarize complex problems and concepts clearly and intuitively
• advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• open minded, collaborative, pro-active, enthusiastic and with "can-do" attitude
• well organized, with strong analytical skills, you pay attention to detail
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."