Chief Digital Office – IT R&D - PoC Development Lead
Information Technology (IT), Portfolio and fund management, Process, project and program management, Product Management and Development
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about the fast-paced environment of innovative technology development? Does experimenting with emerging technologies excite you? Are you a strong leader with the developer skills to match? Are you highly motivated to rapidly execute a growing Proof-of-Concept portfolio with globally distributed stakeholders? Do you want to help the Chief Digital Office (CDO) identify and experiment with AI and other emerging technologies that will transform the bank? We’re looking for someone to:
• Take ownership of the CDO Proof-of-Concept portfolio in Poland, serving all UBS business divisions in preparing and executing Proof-of-Concepts in areas such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Natural Language Processing, and distributed ledger technology
• Lead a team of developers responsible for handling CDO Proof-of-Concept initiatives with stakeholders across the globe
• Demonstrate a dynamic skillset, capable of performing development functions alongside team leadership responsibilities
• Develop a Proof-of-Concept center of expertise to ensure the proficient management of CDO initiatives
• Establish and maintain cross-functional relationships to efficiently navigate time consuming internal processes with touch points in partnering departments (i.e. Sourcing, Finance, Legal, Security, and Risk)
• Support the execution and analysis of concept projects through high-quality execution of validation stages, with technical evaluations that temper the excitement for technological advancement with a respect for risk mitigation
You’ll be joining the IT Research and Development team, part of a growing Chief Digital Office (CDO) organization, where we take ideas from inception to prototype, exploring both knowns and unknowns to hone the business model as well as identify potential risks and issues. As a team, we deliver technology solutions to a diverse set of problems impacting divisions and domains across the firm. You’ll lead a team of developers based in Poland, while also providing insight to stakeholders across the organization. Your primary focus will be managing the CDO Proof-of-Concept portfolio, which focuses on AI amongst other forms of emerging technology.
• Master's degree in Computer Science preferred
• Technical generalist, with curiosity and experience in multiple technologies and languages, and comfortable to dig in and quickly pick up new ones
• 5+ years of hands-on development experience (incl. prototypes or proof-of-concept projects) in emerging technology areas such as machine learning, knowledge engineering, natural language processing or distributed ledger technology
• Strong leadership and project management skills, capable of managing a small team and a portfolio of fast-paced projects
• Critical thinking skills that can handle ambiguity and demanding global stakeholder expectations
• Excellent communication and presentation skills conducive to speaking with audiences of varying expertise
• Strong networking skills, capable of facilitating collaboration across organizational units
• Knowledge of security and compliance requirements common in banking environments
• Fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Chief Digital Office – IT R&D - PoC Development Lead | UBS
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."