Shell Trading & Supply has a global portfolio of crude oil, refined products, LNG, chemicals natural gas, electrical power and CO2. Trading offices are located globally, with many other downstream entities situated across the globe. Traders buy and sell oil resulting in oil movements, Commercial Operators are facilitating the planning and execution of these deals.
Any deviations from the original plans may result in Claims.
These claims are part of the responsibility of the T&S Operations SBO team.
The demurrage team, part of T&S Operations SBO, support, advice, and services to front line trading staff to help them with the day to day deal execution process; management of demurrage, post deal expense and claims related to quality and quantity.
Claims Specialist handles any claims where the time used for loading, discharging or other parts of operations is exceeding the time agreed in the contract. The key is to minimize the impact of cost claims and maximize the recovery within the contractual agreements. Inquiring and strong analytical skills to understand every detail of a deal and its execution, a high degree of commerciality and drive to get the best deal for Shell are critical skills to be successful as a Claims Specialist.
If you have:
-a strong analytical skills, interest in investigating "why"?
-inquisitive and detail-oriented mind
-you are logical thinker with ability to use conclusions for business/commercial purpose
-fluent English (C1)
-ablility to cooperate with various stakeholders (Contracts team, commercial operations, Trading and Supply/Manufaturing teams, other claims analysts)
-strong resilience and capability to work under time and workload pressure
-fast and accurate data input skills
-Master degree (Economy, Accounting, Controlling, Business, Law, Trade, Logistics)
-also good working knowledge with MS Office (advanced MS Excel skills would be a plus)
Number of Vacancies:
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects