Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our colleagues, clients and community. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions. We look for people who speak their mind, truly listen and step outside their role to add value wherever they can. Above all, we seek individuals who take great pride in their work and are inspired and motivated by their role in helping their colleagues and our clients succeed.
We are seeking a Junior Representative to join our Alternative Investments department. In this role, you’ll work closely with the Supervisor to prepare monthly or quarterly reporting based on data processed by multiple teams across the organization. You will be a part of the unique team which has insight into end-to-end process and contributes to production of final deliverables for the clients.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Preparation and ensuring accuracy, timeliness and completeness of deliverables including reporting packs and periodic financial results to investors.
- Liaising with multiple internal teams and external parties (clients, auditors) to support proper information flow and responses to inquiries.
- Ensuring adherence to all established procedures, best practices and internal controls.
- Updating work instructions for the assigned clients and processes.
What We Value:
- University degree in Accounting / Finance or gained through experience is an asset.
- Genuine passion for gaining finance knowledge and continuous self-development. Highly organized, detail orientated and self-motivated.
- Fluency in English essential.
- Ability to work with a limited direct supervision.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong numerical analytical skills.
- Professional accountancy qualification as an advantage (qualified or part qualified).
What we offer:
- A collaborative environment that you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Opportunities to diversify your skill set, take on different challenges, and reinvent yourself in new roles within the firm. to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself without leaving the firm.
- An inclusive culture that inspires you to let your authentic personality and perspectives shine.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.