Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
As a Test Automation Engineer in the QA Testing Center of Excellence, your main responsibilities will be supporting the Foreign Exchange area of the Bank. You will coordinate with the internal business and Development areas as part of the job, which also entails leveraging and supporting the current SDLC and test automation standards, tools and technical testing methodologies expected of the QA Center of Excellence. This is a highly visible role with a demanding client so expect there to be some time pressures for releases.
Your primary responsibility will be to design and create automation test cases to maintain and enhance an existing automated test framework for a major application within FX area. You will be expected to develop functional expertise in the application, as part of your growth into being a subject matter expert in this application. This application you will be supporting is an integral part of a larger eco-system of interconnected applications within the FX space.
Aside from the above-mentioned application, there will be opportunities to leverage your technical skillset on other projects and planned initiatives within the broader FX space that the QA Automation Team has on our roadmap. Some of these activities include: Creation of automated test frameworks, environment rationalization, and implementing cutting-edge solutions within the QA team which will support automation testers across the broader organization.
The FX area is a fast paced, dynamic area with a lot of investment and growth taking place now and being planned for the future. If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity to grow your skills and knowledge, while applying your problem solving skills, we would love to discuss the opportunity with you.
- Participation in test strategy, automation estimation and planning discussion
- Test results documentation and assistance with defect management
- Automated test case execution as per the testing deadlines for the project and report progress of test execution as per organization standards
- Re-testing support to resolve production issues
- Expansion and development of existing framework to support new technologies.
- Utilization of best practices with test tools and automation frameworks to avoid redundancy and keep maintenance to a minimum
- Developing new automation solutions leveraging technologies and tools like OpenShift, TestComplete, Jenkins, etc.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (Computer Science or related), or demonstration of equivalent experience/knowledge
- 2 -5 years of relevant work experience
- Understanding of Quality Assurance principles and best practices
- Understanding of SDLC
- Knowledge of software development methodologies
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Java and Rest API’s programming/scripting skills
- Strong knowledge of test automation tools and frameworks:
- Build tools (Ant, Maven, Gradle)
- Unit testing frameworks (JUnit, TestNG)
- Continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Web UI testing tools (Selenium WebDriver, Serenity BDD)
- API testing tools (REST assured, Soap UI)
- Hands on experience with Test complete is desired, but learning this tool on the job will be possible for the right candidate.
- Ability to effectively problem-solve
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others