Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
Join us as a Financial Reporting Supervisor (Alternative Investments)
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Financial Reporting Supervisor to join our Financial Reporting Team. In this role you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day provision of financial reporting services of the Financial Reporting Team. Working closely with the Financial Reporting Team Leader you will allocate tasks and workload to the team members and ensure the timely and high-quality preparation of statutory annual and semi-annual financial statements for entities within the Alternative Investments Funds structures (AIF'), mostly Real Estate, Private Equity and Debt Funds, registered in Luxembourg, Ireland, United States and Cayman Islands.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Management of preparation of annual and semi-annual financial statements of the investment funds under different accounting standards (Irish GAAP, IFRS, Luxembourg GAAP, US GAAP).
- Independent review of work prepared by team members ensuring accuracy, timeliness and completeness of deliverables.
- Responsibility for communications to regulators, compliance and internal and external audit.
- Acting as a key client contact, ensuring timely and accurate responses to any client queries.
- Responsibility for coaching and developing team members.
- Providing appropriate feedback via periodic meetings and the firm’s performance appraisal process.
- Assisting in special projects to improve efficiency, quality and accuracy of work performed by the team.
What we value:
- Primary degree in a finance or accounting related discipline, and/or equivalent work experience is an asset.
- At least 4 years of experience in financial reporting, accountancy or audit.
- Knowledge of accounting standards. Professional accountancy qualification will be an asset (qualified or part qualified).
- Strong experience in direct responsibility for managing, mentoring and coaching staff.
- Prior experience in investment funds industry will be an asset.
- Computer literate with strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Fluency in English essential and knowledge of German as an additional asset.
- Highly organized, detail orientated and self-motivated.
- Ability to work with a limited direct supervision, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
What we Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee's unique perspective.
- Employment stability with indefinite contract from day one.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.