Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
Join us as Senior Financial Reporting Specialist (Alternative Investments)
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Financial Reporting Senior Specialist to join our Financial Reporting Team. In this role you will be responsible, under the direction of Financial Reporting Supervisor, for the day-to-day provision of financial reporting for entities within the Alternative Investments Funds structures (AIF'), mostly Real Estate, Private Equity and Debt Funds, registered in Luxembourg, Ireland, United States and Cayman Islands.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Preparing quarterly / semi-annually / annually financial statements to internal (other BBH offices) and external parties (clients, auditors, tax advisors).
- Preparing financial statements of the investment funds under different accounting standards (IFRS, Luxembourg GAAP, US GAAP, Irish GAAP).
- Execution of all pre and post cycle processes related to the financial reporting process.
- Performing the internal controls agreed for the process.
- Updating work instructions for the assigned clients and processes.
- Ensuring accuracy, timeliness and completeness of all client related tasks.
- Communicating with clients on a regular basis, ensuring timely and accurate responses to any client queries.
- Liaising with fund auditors and tax advisors and coordinating the supply of information and responses to queries.
- Assisting in special projects to improve efficiency, quality and accuracy of work performed by the team.
What we value:
- Primary degree in a finance or accounting related discipline, and/or equivalent work experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of accounting standards and/or professional accountancy qualification (qualified or part qualified) will be a huge asset.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in accounting / finance related area.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated, continuously seeking learning opportunities and striving to achieve the highest level of professional success.
- Strong numerical ability and analytical skills.
- Pro-active, mature and able to work with respect to the deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly computer literate with strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee's unique perspective.
- Employment stability with indefinite contract from day one.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.