Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join our Alternative Product Team as a Product Development Analyst!
The Alternative Product Team provides process and application development and support to Alternative Fund Accounting and Fund Administration teams. As a key member of this group, the Product Development Analyst will be working closely with internal business teams to analyze business processes, develop business requirements, liaise with developers and vendors on the design, create and execute UAT plans and scripts, document procedures, provide support, and create and execute implementation plans (training, rollout, transition). The individual will work both independently and as part of a project team to actively analyze department needs and increase operational efficiency.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
Analysis / Documentation / Support:
- Identify business goals and problems and perform assessment of feasible solutions and the range of problems they may solve.
- Create and manage project plans.
- Create and execute implementation plans.
- Conduct business analysis to determine how changing business needs will affect the system or product; clearly articulate the business need and potential solutions with support of insightful analysis and documented evidence.
- Recognize patterns in complex information and identify key issues. Identify gaps between business requirements and existing or proposed design solutions.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to enhance design and deliverables. Understand technical concepts and how they impact the project/business.
- Work with business areas to identify productivity improvements in workflows and procedures as well as areas of risk for errors and omissions.
- Plan meetings, prepare materials, and participate in meetings with business users and sponsors, systems groups, vendors and clients.
- Assist in workshops and meetings to identify key issues, requirements, and gaps.
- Participate in testing of system changes, which may include user acceptance testing, regression testing, client testing and/or parallel/pilot testing as required.
- Document procedures for new functionality and provide training to users as appropriate.
- Provide system support to end users.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert in demonstrating new products and assisting with questions or presentations.
- Proactively oversee operations service levels by arranging pulse checks and modifying procedures.
- B.S. / B.A. degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years business analyst, QA or project experience.
- Minimum 4+ years related experience in the financial services industry.
- Ability to complete duties as assigned under minimal supervision.
- Takes ownership and follow through on tasks; results oriented.
- Flexible and able to handle multiple priorities.
- Creative thinking, intellectual curiosity.
- Problem-solving and sound judgment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all audiences.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.