Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our colleagues, clients and community. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions. We look for people who speak their mind, truly listen and step outside their role to add value wherever they can. Above all, we seek individuals who take great pride in their work and are inspired and motivated by their role in helping their colleagues and our clients succeed.
We are seeking a Senior Specialist to join our Alternative Investments department. In this role, you’ll work closely with the Supervisor to prepare financial reporting package. You will be a part of the unique team which has insight into end-to-end process and contributes to production of final deliverables for the clients.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual deliverables such as Net Asset Value reporting pack (scope of work includes mix or selected tasks).
- Independent review of work prepared by Junior Accountants providing them with feedback.
- Developing and maintaining strong familiarity with accounting standards.
- Ensuring adherence to all established procedures, best practices and internal controls.
What We Value:
- Understanding of accounting practices and standards.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in full general ledger accounting or group accounting, or audit background.
- Primary degree in a finance or accounting related discipline, and/or equivalent work experience is an asset.
- Computer literate with strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Fluency in English essential and knowledge of German and/or French as an additional asset.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- An entrepreneurial spirit who is confident working with limited direct supervision.
- Genuine passion for continuous self-development.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that encourages you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Opportunities to diversify your skill set, take on different challenges, and reinvent yourself in new roles within the firm.
- An inclusive culture that inspires you to let your authentic personality and perspectives shine.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.