Sales Operations Specialist - US Working Hours
Aon is looking for an Sales Operations Specialist to serve as the Aon Connect guide for specific Enterprise clients, including data entry & tagging for training and licensing, Contract Support, Global Standard Execution, Growth Strategy/Campaign Support and Marketing Coordination.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
On a daily basis you will perform execution and task completion; provide frequent status updates, and will be responsible for timely completion of assigned tasks. Risk communication, escalated issues and barriers to client team. The responsibilities will also include:
- Support end-user case management for marketing campaigns and Enterprise client set-up
- Ensure data quality auditing and clean-up of Aon Connect for Enterprise clients
- Serve as the main point of contact for client team questions regarding Aon Connect even when not directly responsible for the process
- Respond to emails promptly and proactively; handle client team and other internal teams’ responses for timeliness/accuracy
- Expected to serve as back-up support (even if not directly aligned) for other Operation Specialists in the region
- Identify and resolve partner concerns or issues with strong emphasis on patterns, trends, and root cause analysis. Assist with problem solving for recurring issues
- Identify process improvements for existing processes and supports generation of new processes with emphasis on up/ down stream impacts
- Support maintenance of documentation/training; assist in the delivery of training
- Work well with others and consistently perform to the best of ability
How this opportunity is different
This is a unique opportunity for a system-conscious candidate, who would like to make a first step into Operations. In this job you will learn all the systems and procedures behind the sales and delivery process, and within a year or two become an expert, who can make a real difference in how we use our resources to grow Aon business globally.
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- Willingness to work US hours (14-22) - extra late-shift allowance is due
- Demonstrable record in delivering projects and assignments on target and on time within a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to work closely with various multi-functional groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational and relationship skills
- Proven responsiveness to colleague and leadership requests
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related major
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PPT, Word, etc.).
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management Systems (CRM) and marketing automation systems (i.e. Eloqua).
- Expertise in data visualization/business intelligence platforms (Tableau, Power BI) an advantage
- A minimum of 2+ years relevant experience or related formal training
- English at C1 level
- Diverse and inclusive workplace - we value openness and authenticity and believe in the power of feedback
- Flexible remote work environment
- Employee-appreciation culture (multiple recognition programs)
- The best medical cover on the market with free dental care
- Wellbeing awareness (access to free mental health helpline, Stay-Well Day off, lectures, sports and more)
- Generous benefits package (personal accident insurance, benefit platform for vouchers and more)
- Internal career opportunities, individual development plan, professional development training and resources
- Lots of social events, charity actions and opportunities to integrate with colleagues
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognize that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.