Senior Data Privacy Advisor
Senior Data Privacy Advisor
Shell in Krakow
Our people are essential to the successful delivery of the Shell strategy and to sustaining business performance over the long term. Performing competitively in the evolving energy landscape requires competent and empowered people working safely together across Shell.
We believe that diverse teams led by inclusive leaders deliver better safety and business performance.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced Senior Data Privacy professional to join our global Information Compliance team.
The team, led by the HR & Corporate Functions Information Compliance Manager, works with the Chief Privacy Office legal team and other senior stakeholders to ensure compliance with the Group’s Data Privacy manual. The team is accountable for Data Privacy and Information Compliance portfolios with a total reach of about 5000 employees. Our role is to embed Data Privacy & Information Management best practice in a fit for purpose manner throughout the Functions. This includes ensuring there are appropriate engagements, tools and training in place, and formal risks assessment and mitigation plans. Developing innovative solutions to innovative problems, in full cooperation with Legal and functional experts, is an essential part of doing business through excellent Data Privacy & Information Management practice. The team therefore plays a fundamental role in the Powering Progress ambitions of Shell to pursue safe and compliant data driven opportunities as part of Shell’s growth agenda. This position will suit someone of high energy, who loves compliance and who is committed both to protecting Shell’s reputation and enabling business growth through highly effective stakeholder’s management.
Why consider this role?
You will be part of a global high profile, highly respected and recognized team of SMEs. You will have opportunities to relate to employees of all different organization levels, from Executives to individual contributors. You will be:
- engaging with senior stakeholders in order to promote and gain support on DP risk areas and initiatives;
- identifying DP risks and looking for solutions to support different process areas in HR organization;
- efficiently allocating team’s resources to secure on-time and on-budget delivery of different initiatives
Data Privacy is a rapidly developing area of compliance which impacts all of Shell’s businesses. In addition to gaining privacy skills which are always in high demand, you will be able to develop a strong network throughout the supported Functions and the Shell businesses, the Legal, IT and the Compliance teams in other areas of the company. Given the quick growing HR Digital agenda, there are opportunities to be involved in a variety of Data Privacy Continuous Improvement initiatives e.g. developing Data Privacy frameworks for newly acquired companies, upskilling of focal points network, etc..
The role works in a Global environment with colleagues based in different countries and audience located around the World; Line Manger is based in The Netherlands. The role reports directly to the HR & Corporate Functions Information Compliance Manager and work in strict cooperation with the HR Senior Data Privacy Advisor.
- Ensure compliance with the Shell Data Privacy Manual and other appropriate frameworks and external regulations.
- Process improvement - Work to implement a data privacy risk control framework and gap closure plan
- Improve ways of working - Work collaboratively with the business and functions to drive continuous improvement in data privacy processes
- Incident Management – support as cover for the management of data privacy incidents as and when required
- Support the Incident Manager in driving Incident Problem Management remedial work to mitigate identified risks.
- Support the upskilling of team members in the different areas of Data Privacy
- Streamline conversations with IT, Legal and other stakeholders to receive advice difficult DP matters.
- Maintain identify DP risks for HR function and periodically support the update of the risk matrix
- If required, promptly discuss/escalate any issue with HR & Corporate Functions Information Compliance Manager
- Proactively identify continuous improvement, data quality remediation, and automation opportunities, clearly identifying business benefits
- IAPP certification strongly preferred, alternatively proven knowledge and experience in Data Privacy (at least 4-5yrs)
- Experience in managing Compliance requirements for Workday would be very beneficial
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to relate to stakeholders and employees by tailoring delivery model based on specific needs
- Proven track of experience in managing risk exposure.
- Proven stakeholder and relationship skills, with demonstrated ability to engage/influence individuals at different levels of seniority, are very important.
- Sound judgment and initiative, including strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, flexibility to adapt to changing environments and needs, and the ability to translate legal advice and guidance into actionable solutions.
- Excellent influencing and communication skills
- Fluent in English
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell