IMTC Specialist- GDC and Authorisation
IMTC Specialist- GDC and Authorisation
Shell in Krakow
Our people are essential to the successful delivery of the Shell strategy and to sustaining business performance over the long term. Performing competitively in the evolving energy landscape requires competent and empowered people working safely together across Shell.
We believe that diverse teams led by inclusive leaders deliver better safety and business performance.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
GDC & Authorizations Specialist - JG 6
International Mobility Tax Compliance (IMTC) function is responsible for a wide range of international tax activities for mobile employees in their annual tax return cycle. On an annual basis, approximately 13,000 tax returns are authorized for 9,000 employees in 67 countries. Our main areas of responsibility include authorization of Shell internationally mobile employees for annual tax services, reporting compensation data to tax providers, timely oversight of required tax settlement payments due to Tax Authorities or Employees as well as recouping from the Tax Authorities and Employees when money is due to Shell.
In this role you will be part of the Global IMTC Team that delivers world class performance in terms of timeliness, accuracy and compliance in all countries that we operate in related to global expatriate compensation data reporting process. This position requires a focus on enhancing the employee experience with respect to international mobility tax compliance policy, authorization for tax filing services, and investigating any related employee specific concerns. This position requires someone with the ability to work efficiently and effectively in a virtual and diverse environment, across a wide range of stakeholders at all levels in the various functions/line of businesses/countries.
Purpose of the Role:
- Accountable for the successful execution of the E2E Authorizations and Global Data Collect process.
- Work in close conjunction with the Global Data Collect Supervisor to drive performance delivery at high standards in your capacity as the subject matter expert with respect to the Global Data Collect process.
- Oversee and guide data gathering procedure for the multiple countries in a timely manner, including acting as SME and escalation point interacting with HR Operations, Payroll managers, Finance, HR focal points, etc.
- Drive E2E Operational Excellence through elimination, standardization, simplification and automation (ESSA) where possible. Maintain the IMTC “Opportunity Register” as it relates to GDC process.
- Work in strong partnership with other workstreams outside of the IMTC organization including Employment Tax, International Mobility Policy, HR Operations, Payrolls, 3rd Party Tax Service Providers, and Finance Operations, ensuring high quality compliance and exceptional quality services as it relates to E2E GDC data and process.
- Coordinate all phases of the operations within the team to ensure efficient services delivery that meets all employee and stakeholders requirements.
- Responsible for executing operational controls
- Accountable for evergreen Authorizations and GDC documented processes and operational controls are in place and adhered to.
- University degree preferably HR, Business Administration or Finance
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience working in International Mobility, Employment/Expatriate Tax, Compensation, Payroll or Finance
- Proven capability in enhancing the employee and line manager experience in all interactions.
- Ability to work in a complex, global environment with multiple stakeholders (incl. 3rd Party vendors)
- Ability to understand business/stakeholder requirements when designing E2E business processes and controls. Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and the ability to interact at all levels of the organization with confidence and professionalism.
- Advanced use of Data Management software to support Data Analytics/Mining associated with the Global Data Collection process and reporting.
- Knowledge and experience of relevant data privacy protocols and procedures, in accordance with regulations and compliance.
- Experience in standard capabilities of International Mobility Tax Tools, Assignment Pro or other similar SaaS applications is a plus.
- Able to perform root cause analysis and describe the results in a clear and concise manner.
- Act proactively, demonstrate discretion in knowing when to escalate issues, keeping relevant people informed when appropriate and exercising a proactive sense of responsibility.
- Adaptability and flexibility are essential - demonstrating initiative with regards to forward thinking and planning.
- Employment Taxation (Expatriate Tax) experience preferred but not mandatory
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell