Finance Change Manager
The global Finance function has a well establish permanent Finance Change capability which reports into the Finance COO. Part of Finance’s strategy is to ensure it is an efficient, effective, and scalable finance function which provides a strong and effective control environment for the wider business to operate in, but to also support IG in achieving its strategic objectives and purpose.
This role, with an initial focus on the Financial Control and Group Reporting areas of change, will take responsibility to ensure projects are planned, governed, delivered, prioritised, and resourced effectively across the specific functions of Finance. This role requires the individual not only to be a subject matter specialist in the Finance change areas it covers, but to also identify and drive change and improvement with the engagement of senior stakeholders. This role will participate in the shaping of business solutions and be accountable for ensuring that Finance Change delivery is executed in a controlled and effective manner.
The role will also be responsible for supporting the business-as-usual operations and the Finance Systems Team to operate a support model by assisting in the diagnosis and resolution of critical business issues.
Although this role will initially focus on the Financial Control and Group Reporting change agenda, it’s the intention that this role will expand to cover FPA and the impact of finance change on Regulatory Reporting operations in the future.
What you will do
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide effective Project Management for the Business area of change across the functions of internal finance clients
- Be responsible for project level change governance of the Finance Change Portfolio. This including running project steering committees, working groups and go-live meetings
- Manage the Business Analysts working on the project to ensure analysis on business processes, requirements and design are well understood and documented. Provide business analysis yourself on smaller projects or where required to resolve critical issues.
- Ensure effective Implementation Management, working closely with the Head of Finance Change & Systems and the relevant operational business managers to ensure deliverables are sufficiently tested, training has been provided and resources are managed to cover existing and new processes. This includes driving requirements and a test approach to guarantee successful delivery.
- Provide Finance Subject Matter Expertise to the business area of change you are responsible for to do impact analysis for change requests (Finance and wider business project impacts) and working closely with the relevant Finance Systems owners to define and priorities projects. Very specific Subject Matter Expertise might require this role to perform some testing as well.
- Stakeholder Management, reporting to the Head of Finance Change and Systems Is critical to ensure all stakeholders are managed effectively.
- Manage the relationships with external suppliers relevant to your business area of change and work closely with the Head of Finance Change & Systems to have sufficient resources in place for business-as-usual support as well as project delivery.
- Ensure the management of Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies across all your project work streams.
- Ensure projects remains within cost control and all changes are approved within the project budget. Ensure all external time build are signed off against an approved Schedule of Work/Work Order.
- As a subject matter expert in your business area of change, drive continual process improvement and ensure reporting of benefits are made, bringing best practice to the business.
- Provide support to the business-as-usual processes through the Finance Systems support model. This will include the support the diagnosis of issues and agreeing a proposed solution. In a critical event, this can also include resolving the issue and providing further training to Finance Systems Team to transfer skills and experience.
- As a change manager, engage and explore new external solutions available, including upgrades and enhancements of existing finance systems to ensure Finance makes the best use of finance systems.
Who we are
We’ve been at the forefront of trading innovation since 1974, taking on the challenge to deliver an unmatched experience for our clients and raise the bar for tomorrow’s opportunities. Today, we’re a global fintech company incorporating the IG, tastytrade, IG Prime, Spectrum and DailyFX brands, with a presence in 20 countries across five continents and over 400 000 active clients worldwide. But we know our success is only possible because of our people, who we encourage and empower to be brave, determined and inventive. Join us if you’d like to work in an inclusive, collaborative team that will recognise your talent and allow it to shine.
Who you are
You’re upbeat and enthusiastic, and you have an open mind and a curious, can-do attitude. You, like us, understand the importance of collaboration and are driven to be the best in what you do. You embody our three core values – to champion the client, learn fast together and raise the bar. You want to be part of a proudly carbon-neutral company that will prioritise your wellbeing and that of the world around you, helping to create a brighter future for all. A company that embraces diversity and welcomes everyone with respect, regardless of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, identification, faith or culture. If you’re inspired by our way of working and can bring something new to our team of topnotch people, then you’ll find a home here.
User and/or change management experience across the following Finance Systems:
- SUN (or similar General Ledger)
- SAP Concur (or similar P2P/AP systems)
- HFM and Essbase (or similar consolidation and reporting tools)
- Anaplan (or similar planning tools)
- ETL and integration tools (source to GL)
Experience working in the following areas or delivering changes to the following finance business areas:
- Financial Control and Accounts Payable
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Group Statutory and Regulatory Reporting
- Person Specification
- Ability / Expertise
- Project Management and Governance
- Business Analysis
- Finance Change management
- People/Resource management
- Cost management
- Planning and Organisation
- Business Partnering
- Decision Making/Influencing decisions
- Financial Services
- Subject Matter Expertise and Experience
- Strong Stakeholder Management
Where you’ll work :
As part of our hybrid working environment, you’ll split your time between home and the office. In this way, you’ll be able to enjoy a better work-life balance and always bring your best self to your role.
At the office, you’ll have access to everything you’d expect from a world-class employer, such as a modern working environment, agile spaces, private quiet rooms and breakout areas. Plus, all our offices are located in iconic city centres, close to everything you might need for a rewarding working experience.
How you'll grow
Your personal and professional development are important to us. As a company that’s constantly redefining the boundaries of possibility, we’ll challenge you to push yourself, accelerate your ambitions and rise to new levels of excellence. We know that’s a big ask, so we’ll make sure that you’re supported all the way, getting the backing you need and the recognition you deserve. If you connect with our vision and can get behind it, you’ll be rewarded with countless opportunities to experience new things and enhance your abilities