Royal Dutch Shell
is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow
sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Senior GL Accountant
Work location: Shell Energy Campus, Czerwone Maki 85
The R&A Accountant will focus on operational excellence in the delivery of their process responsibilities. You will build a deep knowledge of the outputs required and ways of working to deliver these, along with the tools and systems that are an integral enabler of the process. You will work collaboratively with colleagues in R&A and their peers from other processes where operational excellence or data integrity impacts on the R&A delivery and onshore organization.
The role will have a mix of deliverables between complex accounting and reporting activities. Ensuring business transactions are accounted either automatically or manually in line with the Standard Global Process both Shell and External accounting guidelines or to build accounted numbers into standard reports. This could be through automation of systems or manual interventions.
Number of Vacancies: 1
- Complete all assigned complex process activities (General Leger, Group Reporting, Management Information, Statistical and other) in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide support to other team members using knowledge and experience
- Provide expertise to FO and non FO stakeholders: GFRM / IFRS subject matter expert
- Participate and leads R&A process projects across various locations
- Initiate and lead process improvements
- Resolve and escalate issues timely and effectively
- Comply with Team, Centre, process and global policies and procedures
- Manage effectively interfaces with FO and non FO stakeholders, build end to end perspective SOAR owner/supervisor role
- Ensure operational and design effectiveness of the controls within areas of responsibility
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer