Royal Dutch Shell
is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow
sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Credit Team Manager (with Turkish language)
Work location: Shell Energy Campus, Czerwone Maki 85
This role is responsible for managing Credit Activities for Shell Operating Units under Finance Operations scope, with primary accountabilities such as:
The management of customer assessment, establishment of appropriate risk ratings and credit limits through financial and supply chain analysis, along with a recommendation of credit terms,
Execution of the appropriate risk mitigating actions identified, such as the negotiation and management of security necessary to support higher risk exposures, and recommendations on accounts receivable bad debt provisions,
The analysis of the overall credit exposure and re-assessment of credit worthiness of customers based on re-evaluation triggers and timelines,
Ensuring business continuity by proactively and reactively managing review and action of blocked orders, and consequently dealing with risk implications associated with exposures beyond current approved credit limits.
Ensuring that cash application and allocation is completed in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with DCM and the SLA is met.
Efficient and effective management of the accounts receivable by managing collection activities, Minimising overdue debts and negotiate and approve refinancing of Overdue Debts.
The Team Manager will be overseeing a team up to 15 staff, with a main focus on individual and team development, thereby strengthening credit competencies, establishing “stretch” goals to drive performance and embedding a culture of “delivery to targets” via regular coaching and performance appraisal.
This position will also be responsible for engaging and managing effective relationships with key stakeholders within Finance Operations, Finance in the Business, and Sales, to ensure that alignment of objectives takes place, delivery of functional plan is achieved and targets are met. The position will likewise be responsible for engaging and managing relationships with external Shell customers, to ensure that a balance of risk and reward is maintained and communicated.
Number of Vacancies: 1
- Degree/qualifications in Accounting/Business preferred; a professional degree required
- at least 5 years of work experience in various financial/accounting positions
- Supervisory experience required (minimum 2 years)
- Knowledge of Credit Management process will be an asset
- Experience in a multi-national company – preferably in Shared Services environment
- Fluent English
- Fluent Turkish (C1) is a must
- Good knowledge of controls framework
- Ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer