SAP Infrastructure Engineer
SAP Infrastructure Engineer
Miejsce pracy/Place of work: Katowice
Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services.
Cloud Infrastructure Services is one of the biggest outsourcing service providers in Poland. Since the establishment of our first service center in Krakow in 2004, it has achieved great success and grown rapidly. In 2006, we opened a second center in Katowice and in 2012 a third center in Opole. Today, our team of 2,000 professionals delivers IT outsourcing services to 40 clients in 20 languages.
We are looking for a junior engineer to join our SAP BASIS team.
Ongoing administration and maintenance of SAP system for a large enterprise environment.
Administrator would attend to all problems reported/encountered and resolve them. Monitoring scripts keep checking the systems and automatically create tickets based on the system events. The tickets also come with work instructions to aid the administrator.
- Orderly system startup and shutdown
- Work process utilization monitoring and troubleshooting
- Resolve SAP ABAP issue
- Resolve SAP JAVA issue
- Respond to and troubleshoot file system alerts
- OS file permission issues
- Identify potential problems and proactively take corrective action before they impact user productively
- Resolve infrastructure issues of SAP systems in co-ordination with concerned Teams
- Analyze abnormal shutdowns, non-availability of SAP system
- Analyzing errors reported. Taking necessary action as and when required
- Checking the consistency of database & Tables
- Database Backup
- Scheduling periodic backups
- Scheduled restart of systems
- Tablespace sizes
- Archive Logs
- Optimizer statistics
- CPU, memory and disk utilization
- Analytical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Self motivation and able to work within a team or autonomous
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent work organization
- SAP BASIS experience
- Fluent English, both written and spoken
- Linux systems administration experience
- Data base administration experience
What we offer
- You will work in multinational, stable company for c.a. 100 Blue Chip Clients- known, global brands, supported by 6000 professionals in 30 languages
- You will gain space to fulfill your ambitions and develop your career, opportunity to take part in transition projects. We operate according to Lean and Kaizen
- You will choose your career path (experts or managers) – you will work among professionals (over 900). We will support you to gain knowledge (20 000 online trainings and in class) and get certified (e.g. ITIL, Vmware, Citrix, Oracle Database). You will have the opportunity to take part in coaching programs and develop your knowledge in experts communities.
- You will work in line with high, international work standards and you will have an opportunity to engage in CSR initiatives.
- You will be appreciated for your results and professionalism – based on clear rules of promotion. Our company applies a wide choice of perks (free private medical care for you and your family, additional life insurance). We help to keep right proportions between your work and private life (Business Parent Program)
- As a disabled person you will get professional support. We are open to provide assistive technologies for people with diverse disabilities. We care about inclusion and equal rights approach. We conduct disability awareness trainings. Join our Win with Capgemini Program for people with disabilities.
Please be advised that Capgemini Poland Sp. z o.o. located in Warsaw, Al. Jerozolimskie 96, is the controller of personal data provided by you in the recruitment applications. Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws 2016, item. 922 with further amendments) for the purpose of existing and future recruitment processes. Please be advised that in scope of recruitment process your personal data will be processed by the controller and sub-processors located outside European Economic Area including India’s entity. Data submission is voluntary. Every person has the right to access their data in order to correct it or delete it.
Please include following statement in your application:
„I hereby authorize Capgemini Poland Sp. z o.o. to process my personal data included in my job application for existing and future recruitment processes (in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997, Journal of Laws 2016, item. 922 with further amendments). I also authorize Capgemini Poland Sp z o.o. to sub-process my personal data outside European Economic Area including India’s entity, which may also include Capgemini’s clients within and outside of EEA.”
We protect your privacy. We kindly inform you that we contact only chosen candidates.