Those who love life will appreciate our work environment.
The important aspect of our work is that it is of great importance to the community and that you can find the results everywhere. Take a close look and see for yourself: TÜV Rheinland is active in almost all areas of life and has become indispensable for people, technology and the preservation of nature.
If you would ask our staff why they enjoy their work you often get the following reply: Because the versatile tasks make sense and you actually make life safer and more sustainable with this kind of work. Also, you are exposed to numerous opportunities to generate solutions for the future and develop significant innovations – on all continents.
Explore the world of our progressive employer structure: a lot of people with the most diverse professional and personal background, our vision, values and corporate culture. Learn about an impressive variety of more than 2,500 services that promise to offer exciting challenges for every personality type. Why not for you too?
Let us make a vision come true together.
Since its’ founding in 1872 TÜV Rheinland stands for growth, stability and independence. These corporate attributes strengthen us to achieve our objective to be the world’s best sustainable and self-financed service provider for testing, inspection, certification, consulting and training.
To reach this goal we are looking for enthusiastic people who want to think, operate and act big and who courageously and responsibly want to explore new avenues. Today about 20,000 employees work at our 500 locations in 69 countries and create the future with their drive and visions.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Perform various operational F&A activities within an General Ledger area
- Accurately and timely perform all month end closing activities in line with an internal accounting guidelines
- Responsible for the preparation of journal entries and reconciliations, as well as documentation of the submitted financial data
- Ensure that financial records are kept in accordance with compliance requirements
- Timely completion of all allocated tasks (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Communicate with internal and external SSC customer in an effective and efficient manner
- Report periodically or upon request KPI’s measurements
- Participation in process migration
- Prepare process documentation: desktop procedures and process maps
- Participation in continuous process improvement
- Training of junior staff
- Supervising some of the junior staff’s activities
- Perform Month / Quarter / Year End Closing activities
- Perform Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Prepare and post Journal Entries
- Participate in reporting and analysis process
- Support preparation of commentaries and variance analysis to Financial Statement
- Monitor GL accounts
- Review of accounting performed by junior accountants
- Min. 2-4 years of previous experience in accounting/ finance area
- University/ College: Finance, Accounting, Economics preferred
- Previous experience with process documentation
- Good knowledge of modern accounting practices (General Ledger)
- Strong customer driven focus
- Very good communication skills and ability to work in the team
- Willingness to travel during the transition phase
- SAP knowledge would be an advantage
- Very good English language skills (both verbal and written)
- Very good command of German