Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
The KYCView Development Team Leader you will provide local oversight for Krakow based Developers and Tech Leads. Apart from people management responsibilities you will work cross teams within Compliance Systems KYC area and will help to ensure that optimal solutions and recommendations are provided in-line with industry best practices and firm’s technology standards. You will work closely with KYC development teams to help with design, development and evolution of KYC solutions.
If you are looking to push your career to the next level, introduce yourself by submitting your resume.
Key responsibilities include:
- People management, mentoring and development of KYCView technical staff based in Krakow
- Communicate and promote technology and architecture standards among development teams, business teams, and vendors
- Identify risks and opportunities and help define technology roadmaps
- Understand the system architecture and functionality and assess feasibility of user requests
- Evaluate new and ongoing projects and provide estimates for proposed solutions
- Write and/or review technical specification documentation which may include architecture design, interfaces design, data modelling, dataflow diagramming, screen design, workflow analysis, etc.
- Facilitate communication between development teams within KYC area
- Get involved in design and development process – ensuring the solutions are properly designed and implemented according to the specification and best practices
- Participate in code review and work with the teams on improving code quality
- Analyze company’s technology solutions, tools, and processes; Research and evaluate new/emerging technologies/tools and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities in alignment with the technology strategy of the organization
- Provide hands-on support with development of more complex deliverables
- Work with project managers, developers, QA specialists towards providing efficient solutions which meet needs of the business
- Assist in project activities such as planning, resource assignments and project tracking as requested by managers
- Ensure methodology is followed for the project; provide meaningful feedback in accordance with company standards and guidelines
- MS/MSc degree in Engineering and/or Computer Science or related work experience
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in software engineering including 3+ years of technical experience in the architecture, design and development of various applications utilizing a wide range of technologies and vendor platforms
- Strong knowledge of architectural principles, frameworks, design patterns and industry best practices for design and development
- 4+ years’ experience in JEE technologies including components: Spring, JPA/Hibernate, JMS/MQ, EJB, JEE API for integration (REST/SOAP)
- 4+ years of experience in at least one JEE Application Server, WebSphere and/or Tomcat experience is preferred
- Technical leadership and mentoring skills to guide and act as SME
- Ability to conduct multi-level technical reviews (architecture, design, code)
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation/public speaking skills
- People management experience
- Experience working with a Global team
- Fluent English
Nice to have:
- Experience with UI layer solutions (JSF, Servlet JSP, JS frameworks)
- Working experience with relational database (Oracle/DB2 preferred). Experience with non-relational database storage and processing systems
- Knowledge of BPM, ODM and Blueworks
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others