State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Fund Accounting Team Supervisor (KVG), Senior Associate
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-583040
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose Of Role:
- To supervise teams to ensure that all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
- To supervise the team ensuring all staffing functions are completed as appropriate.
Leadership and Management
- Lead and motivate staff, particularly direct reports.
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate and implement training and development activities for individuals and the team, taking specific responsibility for the development of Senior Fund Accountants
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to staff on technical, professional and client issues.
- Develop and communicate a clear picture of team goals and approaches to business, based on a clear understanding of client requirements.
- Agree goals for team annually and keep up to date on the PPR system during the year.
- Monitor and appraise the performance of team – providing regular formal and informal feedback ensuring the PPR system is updated within corporate deadlines.
- Assist with recruitment of new staff.
- Participate in & support company committees and initiatives.
Management of Service Delivery
- Take responsibility for the quality of service to assigned clients.
- Perform and/or monitor quality and internal controls for all team deliverables.
- Plan and manage the daily processes and the effective utilization of resources.
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary corrective action, keeping team and Officer informed of issue. Record the issue in the issues log and track progress.
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators are produced and dispatched to Donor Sites as required.
- Review corporate documentation on processes, procedures and controls and evaluate the continuing effectiveness of these and related systems, initiating remedial action as necessary. Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures.
- Monitor errors and potential breaches; complete relevant documentation and ensure training needs are identified and relevant training is carried out. Record the error in the errors log and track progress.
- Ensure adherence to Company and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Manage absences, time keeping and holiday/cover arrangements within the teams.
- Ensure contingency plans exist for the work of the team and where necessary contribute to the business continuity plans and tests.
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products.
- Assist with planning and management of all relevant project work.
- Fund review and other duties as assigned
- Experience in a Fund Accounting environment is necessary.
- Very good working knowledge of Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines.
- Master Degree in Finance, Accountancy or Business related degree
- Higher obtained (including A/B grade is preferred) or equivalent
- Obtained or studying towards obtaining a professional accountancy qualification would be advantageous
- Minimum 2 years in Fund Accounting (preferably Hedge fund experience).
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.