State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Junior Accountant, Associate 1
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-588803
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
GROW YOUR CAREER IN STATE STREET
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. We’re a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have – on our clients, our communities and each other.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
Purpose Of Role:
- Service liaison for assigned to EMEA countries related to Cash Management scope.
- Ensure operational readiness in assigned are of expertise including relevant process documentation and training received
- Perform assigned daily, weekly or monthly accounting tasks in a timely and accurate manner under the direction of the Team Leader and/or Service Delivery Lead and/or Finance Shared Service Manager and/or his delegate
- Perform the accounting processes that may include [but is not limited to]: accounting documents processing, journal processing, payments preparation, preparation and verification of the reports, performing other projects as assigned.
- Work according to priorities and deadlines outlined by the Team Leader
- When and where applicable and directed by manager shadow accounting processing at the local country during the transition period. Prepare transition documentation according to the instructions and under supervision of Team
- Develop the career plan with Team Leader/Service Delivery lead and execute accordingly
- Maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior ensuring accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures.
Keep Service Quality
- Take responsibility for the quality of service to assigned clients.
- Complete your job-related tasks as designed by procedures and requested by the manager following the principles of (1) quality (2) completeness and (3) timeliness
- Aim to identify process improvements. Keep process documentation up to date [change management] Leader
- Ensure adherence to Company and Departmental policies and procedures
- Co-participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products within the department and within the State Street Corporation, if requested; support team leader by assisting with planning and management of all relevant project work
- Maintain close contact with the direct manager, briefing him/her on all issues and problems both actual and potential.
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with client, colleagues and key internal suppliers
- Ensure that direct manager is kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact upon the quality of service being given
- Language skills, at least intermediate in written and verbal in English and country language if required
- PC application knowledge and basic Excel skill-set are necessary
- Understands and can explain the basic accounting principles in theory
- Demonstrated good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under time pressure, give accurate and timely delivery
- Pro-active approach, with initiative, detailed oriented and reliability
- Attention to detail crucial
Level Of Education:
Finance or Accounting education
Previous Level Of Experience:
Basic Accounting Experience
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.