State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
First Line Risk Specialist (job code RM3012) - Senior Associate-2
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-585013
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Position: First Line Risk Specialist (job code RM3012)
- Conduct Control Assessment and Testing
- Discuss and validate potential control gaps, control design and operating effectiveness issues with the appropriate owners
- Self-identify risk and issues, analyse root causes, support in implementation of corrective actions
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Propose a range of solutions to complex problems to direct manager and/ or business unit leadership, as appropriate
- Act as a coordinator for direct contact with Compliance, Risk, Audit, and Legal, and other internal groups
- Maintain and continuously develop knowledge around core products, process, financial markets and technologies
- Support business in rating risks (where applicable), validating controls and evaluating control design
- Work in conjunction across First Line Risk as well as business partners and external parties as needed to resolve issues and ensure accuracy of accountabilities, and adherence to all policies/regulations/guidelines
- Cultivate effective relationships with internal business partners to successfully achieve organizational goals
Qualifications and skills:
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, to various situations and audiences
- Leadership skills, including ability to challenge and influence
- Very good English both spoken and written
- Professional maturity, enthusiasm, flexibility and proactive approach
- Ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment
- Open to change
- Excellent organizational skills
Level Of Education:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of equivalent work experience
- Preferred background in Financial Services
- Experience in Control, Compliance, Risk Management
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.