Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge, that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as an Internal Audit Project Leader
The Audit Project Leader delivers audit services that consistently satisfy the needs and reasonable expectations of the client by helping them improve the control environment, streamline their business and achieve operational excellence. Leading an audit, s/he has responsibility for evaluating risks and controls, executing audit reviews, supervising others in testing and fieldwork phases of the review, communicating issues and findings to management, devising solutions for business improvements, and following-up on corrective actions. The Project Leader will need to work effectively in a team setting to perform all audit work in accordance with department and professional standards. Additionally, the Project Leader will prepare detailed reports of audit findings; recommend control improvements as appropriate and complete assignments in an efficient manner with sufficient attention to detail to ensure accuracy and thoroughness of process.
If you are looking to push your career to the next level, introduce yourself by submitting your resume.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supervise and execute the work of a project-specific team and provide oversight of audit-related activities
- Provide audit and client management with timely and meaningful status updates on an audit and/or assigned project
- Provide constructive feedback to the project team related to workpaper quality
- Train, supervise and develop staff of the project-specific team
- Individually and as part of a project team, develop, execute, and document control evaluation
- Evaluate the system of internal controls and prepare risk assessment matrices, audit programs and audit planning memos as appropriate
- Organize and analyze audit data and summarize audit findings for management review
- Identify the key risks and controls related to the assigned audit and/or non-recurring projects
- Complete all planning-related documentation for audit management review
- Gather and analyze data to conduct audit-related activities
- Execute assigned testing procedures in adherence with the BBH Internal Audit Department policies and procedures
- Conduct detailed review of audit workpapers for adherence with the BBH Internal Audit Department policies and procedures
- Draft preliminary audit reports that provide a clear, detailed description of issues identified, root cause and risk impact of the issue, and suggested recommendations to resolve the issues for audit management review
- Assess and escalate issues identified during audit assignments or special projects
- Participate in discussions of audit results with management
- Supervise/review junior teammates on their fieldwork
- Apply and leverage current and emerging audit tools and techniques in data analysis
- Perform technical research using external and internal source material
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (accounting, finance or related discipline preferred)
- 5 - 8 years of audit experience
- Proficiency in risk analysis and report preparation
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required with ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management and supervise junior auditors
- Works well individually and in teams by sharing information and supporting colleagues
- Working knowledge of Regulatory Compliance
- Effectively supervise/coach, motivate and provide feedback to more junior teammates
- Able to multi-task effectively; juggle several components of an audit at the same time
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others