Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge, that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Senior Manager - Fund Accounting
The Senior Manager participates as part of the senior management team overseeing operations of the global Fund Accounting business line to ensure that high quality service standards are met and maintained. The position applies functional expertise, leadership, initiative, creativity, and management skills including delegation and the ability to instill enthusiasm and commitment among team members. The position's emphasis is on tactical execution of department strategy, policies and procedures.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
Client Service and Relationship Management
- Leads by example in establishing a culture of providing superior service to BBH's clients.
- Builds and maintains strong internal and external business relationships.
- Forms Strategic Partnerships – Cultivates strategic internal and external partnerships providing resources and expertise to maximize business success.
- Defends and protects core revenue streams through the oversight of exceptional service delivery.
- Collaborate effectively with internal client groups to execute department strategy.
- Participate in and/or lead client visits, presentations, walk through and other sales & client retention activities.
Risk Management and Control
- Ensure compliance to all accounting, custody and operational procedure.
- Monitor operational issues and follow through on effective problem resolution with management of supporting departments.
- Ensure the smooth, effective operation of the department including: compliance to all accounting, custody and operational procedures, proper product and service delivery, proper escalation and resolution of high exposure items, and maintaining proper standards and controls.
Technology and Innovation
- Seeks to add increased efficiency within the operation through the use of technology while maintaining a high degree of client satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain a culture of results oriented, continuous process improvement.
People Management/ Leadership
- Assist Department Head with ongoing project management and act as a professional voice for the department and firm as a whole.
- Oversee the supervision of staff members through appropriate recruiting, training, performance management, and succession planning.
- Ensures selective selection, development, and retention of highly qualified, strong performing team members Participate in the interview and selection process to attract highly qualified, high potential candidates to the Firm.
- Establish challenging performance standards.
- Participate in salary and bonus planning for department.
- Actively manage staff performance and progressive discipline process for employees who fail to meet expectations.
- Delegate effectively by clearly communicating objectives, standards, responsibilities, and milestones while holding individuals and teams accountable for achieving results.
- Implement strategy by communicating powerful, coherent messages about how to leverage strategic vision to deliver a competitive advantage.
- Ensures the most effective use of the firm’s resources (financial; people; technical) through careful planning, analysis, and control.
- BS in a business degree program, and/or equivalent work experience.
- MBA preferred.
- At least 8 years of combined Global Fund Accounting and Custody Experience.
- At least 5 years of progressive supervisory experience.
- Experience with managing multiple client relationships.
- Experience working on system implementation projects.
- Ability to motivates Team to perform and deliver high level of Client Service.
- Communicate openly and sincerely and conduct oneself with the highest respect for the client and all BBH support areas.
- Strong client communication skills and effective presentation skills.
- Ability to manage and implement change.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to think and work independently.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to handle presentations of project plans, business cases, and solutions.
- Desire to improve operational procedures.
- Ability to coordinate cross office initiative.
- Ability to anticipate potential problems and respond effectively.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.