The Automation Wizard for Finance will report to the PMO Manager. This is a global role to contribute to finance smart automation projects by supporting the design of innovative and cost-effective solutions complying with global infrastructure standards.
This role is also responsible to contribute to the finance process standardization agenda by ensuring compliance to the current global process and Knowledge Management standards.
The main key accountabilities include
As a specialist expert to develop End User Computing (EUC) tools and non-ERP automation solutions (example – Excel macros, Visual Basic Application, SharePoint etc.) for PO team and wider finance community and to be able to provide guidance on optimal and efficient solutions
The Automation Wizard will also have an opportunity to participate in (and eventually also drive) projects supporting ongoing and new standardization & improvement efforts in accounting and reporting processes.
Additional development opportunities for the role include being trained to be able to work on the ‘Nice’ platform as we are starting the journey of using robotics for smart automation solutions.
Capable to handle virtual technical trainings for finance staff and to maintain detailed documentation for easy troubleshooting
Drive the user acceptance testing, fix issues and release for production after proper approvals
Demonstrate excellent stakeholder and project management skills
Demonstrate Quality, Speed and Ownership while delivering the automation projects and follow the prescribed project management methodology.
• Very good knowledge of Excel and/or Visual Basic (ability to create macros)
• Minimum 4 years of strong software development working experience within a process or in an IT application development
•At least 2 years of working experience in accounting/ finance or technical role
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyse complex requirements and define technical/functional advanced solutions
• Hands on experience in MS Excel, MS Access, Visual Basic, HTML, SharePoint. Experience in SQL/PL SQL would be an added advantagea
• Experience of using a major ERP systems such as SAP will be an additional advantage
• Strong stakeholder and project management skills
• Fluent English (verbal and written)
• Managing competing priorities, multi-task, meeting multiple deadlines and stakeholder communication
Number of Vacancies: 1
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects