State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Fund Administrator, Associate 1
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-592034
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Fund Set Up Administrator, Associate 1
Grow your career at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. We’re a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have – on our clients, our communities and each other.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
Purpose of Role:
The Fund Setup team is responsible for the co-ordination of the account opening and closure process for new and existing clients within the EMEA region.
Fund Administrators are responsible for:
- Account openings (accounting & custody) in a number of State Street’s systems including MCH and MyStateStreet set up
- Fund name, beneficiary and share class/series name changes
- New share class/series set up
- Market openings
- Fund closures
- Client query resolution
- Independently perform core tasks per relevant checklists to produce accurate and timely results
- Develop an in depth understanding of all aspects of the role
- Develop a good understanding of the broader operating model and State Street systems
- Communicate effectively and build constructive relationships within the team, with the various EMEA Client Service teams as well as all relevant internal teams and departments.
- Ensure your line manager as well as other appropriate persons are kept aware of all issues that may impact upon the quality of service being delivered
- Take a pro-active interest in own training and development
- Actively participate in appraisal process by completing a self-evaluation and identifying areas for development
Risk And Compliance
- Build a sound understanding of departmental policies and procedures
- Develop a basic awareness of SLA’s as appropriate
- Any potential risk incidents should be reported to your immediate line manager in a timely manner
Work Parameters or Boundaries:
- Internal Procedures, Process Manuals and Audit Requirements
- State Street Employee Handbook
- Performance Planning and Review (PPR) System
- Periodic overtime will be required in line with business needs
- Individual may be required to work Polish public holidays in order to meet client deliverables.
- Ability to work in a pressurized, deadline-driven environment is essential
- Ability to work independently and to multi-task
- A good working knowledge of MS Excel
- Strong numerical ability and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to cope with a steep learning curve and take a proactive approach to learning
- Good organizational/networking skills
Level of Education:
- 1 – 2 years working experience in a fund administration and/or similar environment would be a plus
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.