Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
As a Systems Business Analyst, you will manage projects and perform business analysis, research, and testing to support business report requests. In this role, you will be exposed to all areas of the Bank and will have an excellent opportunity to work on projects related to variety of topics and initiatives.
If you are looking to push your career to the next level, take the next step by submitting your resume.
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Review business requirements documents for completeness, clarity, assumptions, issues
- Logically translate business needs for technical development by Systems personnel
- Participate in impact analysis of projects and change requests
- Understand the system architecture and functionality, assess the feasibility of client requests and applies the features of the various products as applicable
- Develop project management skills; scheduling, tracking and reporting
- Identify and eliminate miscommunications between business and technical project team members
- Be an effective communicator to various levels of people
- Select the most efficient and cost effective solutions for the systems and process design
- Build relationships with stakeholders and other Business Technology partners
- Be assertive and possess negotiation skills
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of BBH methodology
- Cooperate in systems rollout/implementation
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelors degree or related work experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Business Analyst, preferably at a financial service company
- 3+ years of experience writing technical specifications, preferably at a financial services company
- knowledge of SQL - that enables testing of reporting and preparing business specifications documentation
- Knowledge of full life-cycle methodology of systems development
Nice to have :
- Knowledge of Cognos applications: Report Studio, Cognos Workspace Advanced, Framework Manager
- Knowledge and experience with other Business Intelligence reporting tool and Business Intelligence methodology, i.e., Business Object, Cognos, Tableu, and Qlik View
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself — without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others