State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Senior Risk Specialist, Officer
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-593829
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose Of Role:
- Ensure the Control Framework is implemented and executed in the SSBI GmbH Poland Branch.
- Support and execute First Line Compliance Oversight Program and other key Business Controls initiatives for Poland Branch First Line of Defense.
- Ensure robust reporting providing Management with the holistic view of Risks and Controls in Poland Branch.
- Partner with key Stakeholders to ensure that risks are measured, self-identified and remediated.
- Connect dots between First, Second and Third Line of defense by close collaboration with Information Security, Compliance, Operational Risk and Audit.
- Promote and lead Change in control environment.
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence and role model ethical behavior and decision making.
- Monitor the execution of critical/key controls across functions and then promptly raise exceptions. Support Control Assurance Program for risks and controls executed in Poland.
- Provide strong management reporting. Monitor, actively manage and reports risk and compliance issues. Timely escalate any risk matters to SSBI GmbH Poland Branch senior management and to the SSBI GmbH Poland branch Head of FLOD Business Controls.
- Support the execution of the Risk & Control Self-Assessment, Vendor Management, Outsourcing Management, Data Privacy and other Control Programs across SSBI GmbH Poland Branch.
- Coordinate with business lines to submit reports on control reviews undertaken, controls inventory maintenance and remediation activities to relevant stakeholders (RCSA, etc)
- Establish strong relationships with key functional teams operating in Poland, including Business Control teams, FLOD business lines, Enterprise Risk Management, Corporate Compliance, and Corporate Audit.
- Maintain the highest level of personal integrity in all dealings thereby mitigating reputational risk to State Street and its customers
- Support the Poland Branch Business Control Head in his/her mandate
- Experience in risk & control, compliance or audit
- Experience in fund accounting and banking operations functions is a plus
- Minimum 5 years of equivalent work experience
- Financial Services background would be preferred
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, to various situations and audiences
- Ability to challenge and influence
- Professional maturity, enthusiasm, flexibility and proactive approach
- Ability to work on large global cross functional projects and act as a change agent
- Ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.