State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Treasury Risk Analyst, Senior Associate
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-594556
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Global Treasury Risk Management (GTRM), a team within State Street’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) department, is looking for an experienced professional with strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills. In response to increased regulatory scrutiny in the form of Basel III, Dodd-Frank, and bank-wide stress testing requirements (i.e., CCAR), State Street must re-define its balance sheet strategy and capital management in order meet a growing number of business constraints. The primary focus for the position will be risk oversight of balance sheet management and related projects that span treasury risk disciplines.
- Provide support on Treasury Risk reporting activities.
- Ensure appropriate reporting and governance exists to communicate relevant risk information to senior management
- Suggest and implement improvements to current reporting process.
- Provide support on special projects, including review, oversight and analysis to support key strategic Global Treasury business initiatives
- Assist in enhancement and periodic calibration of risk limits, guidelines and policies, as needed.
- Collaborate with GTRM colleagues, GT business partners and other relevant areas of the bank to assess market events and regulatory changes impact on interest rate risk, liquidity risk and mark-to-market risk
- Provide feedback and guidance on methodologies, techniques, models and tools to ensure alignment with internal and regulatory guidelines
Education, Experience and Skills:
- 2-3 years of work experience in Treasury or Market Risk activities, or risk management and regulatory concerns related to those disciplines.
- Advanced degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Engineering or related field.
- CFA, FRM designation a plus
- Fluency in MS Excel and Power Point. Programming knowledge in at least one of the following: Python/R/Matlab/C/C++/VBA /SQL
- Good understanding of financial instruments, in particular of interest rate and foreign exchange products, both cash and derivatives instruments
- Self-starter with willingness to work in fast-paced environment
- Willingness and ability to master concepts quickly.
- Willingness to work in a position with uneven and high priority project work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English language.
- Ability to gain trust and respect of business partners.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.