State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
SSGA Tax Senior Associate
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-594231
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose Of Role:
Global Funds Management provides a centralized oversight program for various SSGA products and services by implementing, managing and/or overseeing the administration, tax, treasury, fund governance and regulatory reporting requirements for SSGA funds.
The strategic objective of the role is to ensure appropriate tax withholding and refunds are executed upon in a timely manner, reporting is undertaken where required, and is done so within the regulatory framework of the tax jurisdictions of the securities issuers.
NRA/US withholding and reporting:
- On a daily basis calculate US sourced income attributable to non-US participants
- On a quarterly basis, aggregate US sourced income attributable to non-US participants, and calculate withholding due based on pre-determined withholding rates applicable.
- On a quarterly basis, collate trade files to redeem units from non-US participants’ accounts to fund US withholding due.
- On an ad-hoc basis, at liquidation of a non-US participant’s holdings, calculate US withholding due for funding at liquidation
- Validate US tax forms from the Forms W-8 series for validity and applicable withholding rates. Update information from the forms in appropriate locations accurately.
- Assist with 1042-S reporting.
Common Trust Fund tax reclaims:
- Request and review dividend information from the custodian.
- Extract ownership reports from participant record keeping system.
- Execute allocation of fund level dividends to participant level via approved methods.
- Assist with reconciling data provided from the custodian to ensure accurate application of participant level reclaims.
- Assist with the creation of client level profiles in the custodian’s tax reclaim system.
- Track receipt of tax reclaim payments.
Assist with the execution of payment of tax reclaims to investors.
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Must be proficient in Excel and MS office products
- Strong understanding of tax reclamation process
- Detail oriented, organized
- High level of initiative and ownership
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Quality focus
Critical Behaviors for Success as defined by the PPR System at Core level
- Good numerical and analytical abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written
- Team player
- Very good English
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.