State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
SSGA Risk Analyst - Investment and Liquiidity Risk Group, Officer
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-593821
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
In this role you can anticipate substantive interaction with several global business functions, including Investment, Trading, Product, Legal, and Compliance, and will need to communicate effectively with a wide range of people. You will also work closely with our Technology Risk partners to drive improvement in productivity via automation and centralization of risk reporting to execute our digital transformation strategy. You will drive a risk-aware culture throughout the organization by providing thought leadership that challenges the status quo in the financial industry.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- You will perform investment and liquidity risk measurement and monitoring, provide reporting, and interact with and engage first line of defense to address threshold exceedances and other risk related issues.
- You will collaborate to execute, expand, and improve SSGA’s overall risk management framework.
- You will suggest methodologies for improving risk analysis and undertake independent research.
- You will help provide global functional leadership and strong cross-risk vision by serving as a key contact for risk queries and collaborating with other risk and internal control functions.
- You will work at the forefront of financial regulatory developments, new products, services, and applications, as well as assess and report on their respective impacts to the business's risk profile.
Your Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
To succeed in this job, you should have the following strengths:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, or business-related field, or equivalent experience; having a CFA or FRM certification is ideal
- 1 to 4 years of relevant experience in a financial services organization; buy-side experience is preferred
- Deep understanding of financial markets and instruments, a passion for investment management, and a good grasp of investment products, especially mutual funds and ETFs
- Working knowledge of market and liquidity risk analysis, including stress testing process development and implementation
- Ability and motivation to master key concepts and themes in an evolving regulatory environment
- Capacity to articulate ideas and analyses effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent analytical, social, and communication skills, combined with the ability to work independently with a can-do attitude[WC1]
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; prior experience with risk modelling and database tools is desired
- Willingness to use technology and systems to build value-adding risk monitoring processes and reporting
- High degree of efficiency, attention to detail, and focus on error-free execution
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.