State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
SSGA Investment Model Analyst - Officer
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-587912
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
The Investment Model Analyst is a role within SSGA’s Investment Organization focused on ensuring our model-based quantitative investment capabilities are thoroughly documented and validated so that the review and governance of all investment models is in compliance with the US Federal Reserve Board’s Guidance on Model Risk Management (SR11-7) as well as being consistent with State Street’s best practices in Model Risk Management. This will also provide the benefit of helping insure that SSGA’s systematic investment strategies provide durable, compelling value propositions. The team also supports SSGA’s Technical Committee and represents model owners in model-related interactions with Audit and Compliance.
The Investment Model Analyst position will work closely with SSGA’s investment teams. The role will require gaining an understanding of the investment models used within the teams, and often writing and reviewing technical documents that thoroughly describe the methodology, data sources, and investment rationale behind each model. These technical documents will serve as inputs to the Model Validation process as well as serving as a useful guide to the investment teams. Additionally, Analysts will assist with evaluation of many models within the Investment Model Analyst team and evaluate the results of ongoing monitoring to assess adequacy and recommend possible followup actions.
The Investment Model Analyst will report to the Investment Model Director, who will have responsibility for ensuring that SSGA’s investment models adhere to all regulatory requirements on model risk, and follow State Street’s best practices with respect to Model Risk Management. Analysts will also participate in infrastructure development and other efforts to improve SSGA’s models and governance/oversight practices. Analysts should have or strive to improve good project management and communications skills, an understanding of investment research, quantitative fluency, a positive and proactive attitude, and the ability to synthesize a wide body of information.
The Investment Model Analyst will work closely with Boston-based teammates, and over time with investment research staff at various SSGA locations. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with teammates to execute the strategy for reviewing new models, changes to existing models, and ongoing model reviews via the Technical Committee
- Working with teammates and investment research staff to capture and evaluate ongoing investment model performance and model changes
- Executing technical analysis of models to evaluate them according to model review criteria
- Performing model inventory management and other administrative duties related to investment models
- Ensuring risk excellence by effectively interfacing between the Investment and Risk teams to ensure proper Model Risk Management principles are observed and appropriate documentation is completed, both on a forward-looking and retroactive basis
- Designing and building practices and infrastructure (including some coding) to facilitate the above, and reporting to stakeholders
- At least three years of relevant investment industry experience and an advanced degree in a related or technical discipline (finance, economics, math, physical science, engineering)
- Reasonable understanding of financial/economic theory and statistics
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with SQL and at least one statistical package (R is preferred); Python is a plus
- Experience with a reporting/business intelligence platform (Tableau is preferred)
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with and influence internal stakeholders
- Positive, proactive, and collaborative attitude with a strong team orientation
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.