State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
SSGA Investment Solutions Group - Junior Portfolio Management Analyst
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-593927
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
The role of the portfolio management analyst is to provide investment support to the portfolio management team of the Investment Solutions Group with a specific focus:
Portfolio monitoring and management Portfolio analytics and research Team support
This team will provide support to ISG investment teams in EMEA, North America and Asia Pacific.
The role will focus on the following missions:
Portfolio Monitoring and Management
- Assisting investment managers in the preparation and monitoring of daily cash flow and rebalancing activity for portfolios
- Providing assistance in the management of asset class fund of funds and strategic asset allocation portfolios
- Monitor cash and FX positions to avoid overdraft and alert PMs
- Monitor currency hedging and hedged ratio in liaison with the Portfolio management team
- Monitor portfolio positions in line with guidelines, risk and position limits and escalate promptly to managers deviations
Portfolio Analytics and research
- Develop and maintain portfolio oversight reports – performance and exposures for management oversight and non-standard, mandate-specific requirements
- Transaction Cost Analysis review to help the Portfolio management team in improving the trading process with the trading desk
- Custom client reporting, ad hoc client inquiries
- Investment review of underlying building blocks with a specific focus on fund (including ETF) monitoring – vendor concentration, cost effectiveness, consistency of performance results
- Run strategic and tactical optimizations on portfolio managers’ behalf using the Investment Solutions Group’s tools and inputs.
Broad Team support
- Meeting with and providing information to fund managers; this might include summaries of research, investment ideas, key events from the proceeding day as well as key drivers for the day/week ahead
- Ensuring that all compliance regulations are met.
- Building and generating reports regarding investment portfolios, performances and trends on a regular basis (from daily to quarterly).
maintain dashboards, build meeting report packages
The candidate should possess good mathematical, decision-making and communication skills.
- Understanding risks associated with investing
- Maintaining knowledge of market and economic trends
- Knowing various investment types, such as mutual funds, stocks and bonds
- Basic programming skills (VBA or Matlab)
- Communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- initiative, flexibility and innovation
- Interest in current affairs and an appreciation of their impact on the market
- Commitment to further study and qualifications
- Language skills and a global mind-set - for international organisations.
- Possess CFA certification or committed to reach the CFA certification in the short term (1-3 years)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, VBA and PowerPoint
Computer literacy is essential although some IT skills can be acquired during training. Excel is particularly important as roles often involve financial modelling and projection work. You'll also be expected to use Bloomberg and/or other financial information platforms.
A undergraduate degree in one of the following disciplines is preferable:
Minimum of 3 years working in a financial institution or a finance-specific industry
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.