State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
SSGA GEBS Portfolio Management Senior Investment Assistant
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-592279
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
The role of the GEBS Investment Assistants is to provide investment support to the Global Equity Beta Solutions portfolio management team with a specific focus:
Investment Manager Decision Support Portfolio and Index Analytics Process Enhancement/Systems Support Ad Hoc Team support
This team will provide support to GEBS investment teams in EMEA, North America and Asia Pacific.
The role will focus on the following areas:
Investment Manager Decision support
- Management of index pipeline
- Creation of single stock group draft trades
- Analysis of upcoming corporate actions including scrip dividends
- Update client specific guidelines in portfolio management tools and management of client restricted lists in RJL
- Support ETF basketing process
- Build trade lists (stock, FX, futures) to be reviewed/submitted by GEBS Investment Managers
- Monitor portfolios against index and liaise with investment managers as required
- Assist in the creation and monitoring of in kind lists
Portfolio and Index Analytics
- Develop analytics and reporting to demonstrate ‘value add’ in index portfolios
- Develop Smart Beta portfolio analytics and reporting
- Management of predictive pipeline for index reconstitutions
- Develop reporting and analytics on index predictions
- Custom client reporting, performance and attribution analysis and risk analytics as required
Process Improvement/Systems Support
- Working with investment managers to improve efficiency of index equity investment process and workflow
Ad Hoc Team Support
- Support investment managers in dealing with ad hoc requests
- Assist in creating required reports and presentations for internal governance committees and reviews
- Operate in compliance with team procedures and all internal and external regulations an guidelines
Work Parameters Or Boundaries:
Internal State Street Poland procedures & regulations
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
The candidate should possess good mathematical, decision-making and communication skills.
- Desire to develop understanding of index investing, particularly equity
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively in a team, providing support as required
- Ability to use initiative, demonstrate flexibility and think creatively to solve problems
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines
- Absolute attention to detail and high degree of accuracy when working under pressure
- Commitment to further study and qualifications (preferably CFA or studying for CFA designation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, VBA and PowerPoint
- Programming skills
- Awareness or risks associated with investing
- Maintaining knowledge of market and economic issues
Computer literacy is essential although some IT skills can be acquired during training. Excel is particularly important as roles often involve financial modelling and projection work.
Level Of Education:
A undergraduate degree in one of the following disciplines is preferable:
Previous Level Of Experience:
Experience requirement: minimum of 5+ years working in a financial institution or a finance-specific industry
Experience managing people is a plus
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.