State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Business Continuity Oversight Senior Manager, AVP
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-595360
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
An opportunity within the Global Continuity Services group supporting the GCS Programme has become available reporting to the GCS EMEA Programme Manager in London.
The successful candidate will support a comprehensive programme of continuity controls providing support for developing recovery strategy, testing of recovery plans covering physical threat and technology loss as well as supporting incident management across the region.
Additional responsibilities relate to supporting third party risk management, corporate information security and recovery and resolution planning programmes partnering with subject matter experts in those fields.
Primary responsibilities / skills
- Support allocated business areas in developing Business Impact Analysis documents and recovery plans, including crisis management teams.
- Provide guidance on the testing of continuity plans covering loss of site, staff, business applications, internal and external dependencies in line with Corporate planning standards.
- Serve as a team on-call supervisor for incident management and support the EMEA Crisis Management Teams including scheduling crisis conference calls, supporting emergency communications, preparing and distributing status updates, ensuring execution of action items, and creating post-incident reports, etc.
- The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide ongoing monitoring of developing situations
- Be able to support incidents of both a physical and technological nature working with appropriate Subject Matter Experts (SME)
- Be able to provide quick and accurate internal communications during business incidents.
- Must be willing to provide support for incidents outside of office hours in line with possible disruptions.
- Support simulation exercises and training and awareness initiatives.
- Increase understanding of appropriate solutions in line with criticality of business operations, and provide guidance to business groups.
- Develop understanding of in house Business Continuity Planning Tool in order to business areas and ensure effective recording of plans and test results.
- Work Business Continuity Directors (BCD) to ensure strong compliance with Corporate Continuity Standards and provide updates to senior management on any risks or compliance gaps.
- Provide a proactive approach in the analysis of any material organisational changes that could have impacts on business areas continuity plans.
- Raise risks and issues where appropriate in the Issues Management Tracking Tool and tracking known issues to resolution in a timely manner.
- Lead / support ad hoc business continuity projects as required.
- Support internal audit requests.
- Support related programmes by collaborating with Subject Matter Experts on third party risk management, corporate information security and recovery and resolution planning.
- Build strong relationships with members of the Business Continuity community across the EMEA business region and Global Continuity Services globally.
- Contribute to client due diligence requests and deliver client presentations in collaboration with Global Continuity Services as appropriate
- 3+ years financial services industry experience in business continuity, operations, risk, audit or compliance
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization effectively across the EMEA region and globally
- Possess leadership skills necessary to provide incident management support, continuity oversight, and education / awareness training
- Ability to assess an event from a business unit and corporate perspective by understanding relative priorities and cross-unit / location interdependencies.
- Strong project management skills (Prince 2 certified or similar).
- The ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Organized and with attention to detail.
- Business continuity certification preferred, but not essential
- Strong analytical, communication, research and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email and collaborative tools
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining attention to detail
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.