arla Design are a 3rd generation company that designs and manufactures furniture products using locally sourced materials, for the Hospitality and F&B sectors.
Headquartered in Istanbul with separate manufacturing and showroom facilities, they also have a showroom in Dubai, offices in London, 90 employees, a global turnover of $7 million and 30% year-on-year growth.
To date, Parla have successfully produced and installed furniture for projects in Turkey, the Middle East, Eurasia, Europe and the UK.
Hotels they have worked with include Hilton, Millennium, Intercontinental and Crowne Plaza and restaurants; Carluccio's and Jamie's Italian.
Parla are an established brand with a unique style. This paired with their tailored design service and 360-degree service proposition, creates a client-centric customer-experience.
With stringent quality control systems, the finest materials, the very best craftsmanship, Italian machinery and partnerships with renowned British and International designers, Parla deliver affordable luxury that is beautiful and robust.
After hiring a Sales Director, UK & Ireland in 2017 to develop their project business, and with plans to open a UK Showroom, they are now looking to increase their dealer network across Continental Europe to increase volume sales of Parla's core range.
What's on Offer
Just as Parla tailor their service to clients, they will also tailor the package to suit the successful applicant.
Parla are not just looking for an employee, they are looking for a partner who can advise them on a pan-European distribution strategy and back this with results.
Covering Continental Europe, you will be responsible for building a network of dealers who specialise in the supply of HORECA furniture to both the independent and branded Hospitality projects in addition to F&B chains.
The Sales & Business Development Director - Continental Europe will continuously develop their professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices and participating in professional societies.
If you have been looking for an opportunity that provides genuine professional development and career and earning potential, don't miss out on this extraordinary opportunity and apply now.
The Successful Applicant
Contract Furniture industry knowledge and experience is a pre-requisite. This includes:
- Sales/Business Development experience within Europe working for an Italian or other European manufacturer.
- A demonstrable sales track record with Hospitality/HORECA dealers across Continental Europe.
- A solid and up-to-date understanding of the European contract furniture market, its distribution channels, as well as its operational dynamics.
- Strong network in the market.
Equally as important is the candidate's personality:
- Self-driven, results-oriented and a naturally positive individual, keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability.
Other key requirements include:
- Being comfortable with regular national and international travel.
- Strong computer skills; being adept with MS Office and CRM software.
- The ability to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance.
- Management ability: As the business grows, some people-management skills and recruitment experience would be advantageous.
- EU citizenship/permanent residency.