Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us in as BBH Direct Service Manager!
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting a BBH Direct Service Manager to join BBH Direct Service Execution team. In this role you will direct client servicing team resources to achieve overall client satisfaction and serve as a point of escalation for complex issues, manage day to day aspects of client relationships and performs core product functions as required to support high client satisfaction. You will normally be responsible for managing Client Service Direct and Account Maintenance teams.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Oversee the day to day activities of direct reports.
- Act as the primary point of escalation for Systems, Operations, and Risk/Control for any client related issues and proactively manage the resolution process with frequent updates and satisfaction measures.
- Oversee the account opening, maintenance and web ID processes for BBH Direct clients.
- Review and discuss issues requiring escalation with Sr. Management.
- Interpret, review and revise guidelines and policies to enhance team effectiveness.
- Manage controls efficiently to alleviate any areas of potential risk.
- Establish service standards for assigned client groups ensuring standards are shared with and understood by team members and all internal support groups (Operations, etc.).
- Provide filtering and escalation for client requests; Serve as an escalation point for client service issues and deliverables.
- Establish and maintain appropriate contacts within client organizations and internal departments.
- Work closely with Fintech Business Solutions and Relationship Manager to stay abreast of client goals and identify opportunities to expand client relationships.
- Build and maintain overall credibility and foster trust with clients.
- Promote a cohesive team atmosphere through exhibiting strong leadership, effective communication, professionalism, and development of individual career paths
- Participate in the interview and selection process for job applicants.
- Oversee and ensure training and cross training of employees on relevant job functions to develop breadth and depth of knowledge.
- Participate in inter departmental and cross Line of Business Project teams.
- Complete and oversee the completion of the BBH annual performance review process.
- Provide ongoing feedback and coaching to staff to improve individual and team performance. Manage performance issues and disciplinary process for employees falling below set expectations.
- Assist in managing teams expenses.
- Review and streamline functional tasks for maximum efficiency.
- Realize team efficiencies through increased automation and organize workflows.
- Lead and assist in implementing the coordination of new business and product implementations and conversions.
- BA/BS degree in a business related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of Client Service, Fund Accounting, Global Custody, and/or Transfer Agency experience
- 3+ years of supervisory/management experience.
- Client service skills.
- Aptitude for numbers, accuracy and organization.
- Technical and analytical ability.
- Ability to work accurately and quickly under pressure.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem solving skills including the ability to identify, recommend and implement solutions.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and systems.
- Language skills commensurate with office location and client relationships supported.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others