State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Global Operations Custody Tax Services Officer
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-594061
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose of Role:
Reporting to an AVP, the Officer is responsible for oversight of a team of 6-10 individuals whose focus is on ensuring proper servicing and operational execution of all custody tax responsibilities. The role requires a firm understanding of tax complexities, State Street systems, as well as a significant emphasis on risk mitigation and talent development.
- Provide strategic vision for the team in line with corporate organizational goals
- Perform and/or monitor quality and internal controls for all team deliverables
- Plan and manage the daily processes and the effective utilisation of resources
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary corrective action, keeping team and VP informed of issue
- Monitor errors, complaints and potential breaches
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products
- Assist with planning and management of all relevant project work
- Establish and oversee the development of a risk culture within the business and ensure business line accountability for risk management and measurement.
- Responsible for oversight of multiple functions aimed at ensuring all operational execution of all custody tax responsibilities
Level of Education/ Specific Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or related field.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years in custody tax environment.
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem resolution skills
- Highly computer literate
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership skills
- Ability to build, train and manage effective teams
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.