State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Legal Counsel, Officer
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-596983
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose of Role:
To provide legal support to the business of State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) in EMEA covering fund and regulatory issues including distribution of SSGA products and funds in EMEA . This role will focus primarily on (i) legal advice and support with regard to Irish, French and Luxembourg fund ranges including UCITS and AIFs and (ii) the establishment and maintenance of distribution channels for a variety of fund products. The successful candidate will provide legal assistance to the EMEA product, sales and marketing teams, and will work closely with a global team of product specialists and lawyers.
Provide legal advice and assistance to SSGA teams in EMEA in relation to:
- Product, fund and management company issues and documentation, including structuring, incorporation, formation, authorisation and maintenance of various funds including regulatory compliance and governance matters (including board support);
- reviewing and updating fund prospectuses and marketing materials to ensure consistency and compliance with applicable regulations;
- external service providers, such as administrators, custodians and authorised participants and act as a conduit between internal business groups, third parties and, as necessary, external legal counsel;
- distribution, marketing and ongoing support and maintenance of SSGA fund ranges domiciled in Luxembourg, France and Ireland;
- reviewing, drafting and negotiating distribution agreements, referral agreements, fund platform agreements and rebate letters for the various fund ranges;
- maintaining and updating existing templates;
- assistance with training of client-facing teams in relation to sales and marketing activities across EMEA;
- advising on ad-hoc business initiatives, which may involve complex legal issues.
Work closely with a global team of specialist fund lawyers, investment professionals and other individuals within the business, including product development, product management, portfolio management, risk and compliance. Where necessary, coordinate and monitor the work of external counsel. Analyse evolutions in the legal and regulatory environment and actively contribute to internal and industry working groups.
Previous Level of Experience:
6-8 years of professional experience preferably in a recognised law firm and/or in-house legal department with focus on European investment funds (UCITS and AIFs), management companies, fund distribution and regulatory matters.
Level of Education:
The successful candidate must be a qualified lawyer. A post graduate degree is an advantage.
Specific Technical Qualifications/Skills:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Fluent in English
- French would be an advantage
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to interact with multiple levels in an organization in an international environment
- Strong organisational skills, ability to multi-task with attention to detail
- Service-oriented and results-focused
- Commercial awareness – the ability to solve problems, not create them
- Dynamic, flexible and enthusiastic
- Ability to work independently
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.