The post-holder will be responsible for advising on and reviewing tax returns, complex tax issues and handling other associated duties. These duties include monthly review of tax provision, tax basis balance sheet preparation and analysis, research of law changes, participating in team projects within the team as well as cross-functions, tax accounting matters, and responding to inquiries by the businesses.
- Coordinate, review, and sign off of separate legal entity and consolidated income tax returns, tax provisions (including return-to-provision adjustments, deferred tax true-ups, and effective direct tax rates), and tax basis balance sheets and associated deferred tax assets/liabilities
- Perform all Income Tax Compliance controls in conformity and in compliance with the Tax Manual.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert and reviewer of many complex, highly technical areas in Income Tax Filing & Reporting
- Analyze, review, and coordinate proposed legislation / tax law changes and their implications to Shell.
- Provide tax technical training and coaching, where applicable, to Team members.
- Interface with external auditors
- Interface with Business Controllers' staff and Business Tax Advisors on Income Tax Compliance and Reporting matters.Requirements:- Broad experience in business taxation working for a multinational or a professional firm;
- Work on special projects, including Tax Audits and Tax Planning projects
- Strong leadership skills as exhibited through prior project management and/or supervisory experience;- Recognized professional qualification and a member of a recognized accounting or legal professional body;- Deep knowledge and experience in income tax law and practice;- Strong understanding of the governance processes, control frameworks, controls in a tax environment and tax accounting/reporting under GAAP and IFRS;- Effective communicator of complex tax issues; both oral and written- Effective client/project management and task prioritization skills;- Effective at establishing and utilizing external relationships and contacts for the benefit of Shell;- Effective at influencing others within and outside of Shell Tax;- Ability to adapt to new or changing circumstances and ambiguous or pressured situations;- Demonstrates imagination and creativity in the evaluation of issues and development of possible solutions;- Ability to evaluate tax risks, balance risk with Business objectives, and make recommendations that are objective, practical, technically appropriate, and supportive of the Business;- Effective team player on Tax and cross-functional/cross-sector teams.
- Fluent English
- Fluent Spanish (and/or Portuguese)Number of Vacancies: 1
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects