We have an ongoing ambition to drive operational excellence and expand the scope of our Learning Operations organisation, which delivers a range of services in support of the efficient and effective delivery of organisational development and learning within Royal Dutch Shell. As part of a reorganisation of the Learning Operations team, we intend to further build on our internal project management and CI capability with the Advisor position to help deliver both large scale learning projects and CI initiatives. Focus of these roles will be on end-to-end delivery of change, spanning pipeline management and opportunity framing, requirements analysis and solution design, implementation and change management, through to benefits realization and closeout.
Reporting to the Learning Projects & CI Manager, the Learning Projects & CI Advisor brings further project delivery and CI expertise to the broader Learning Operations team. This position offers a unique opportunity to support the delivery of major global Learning projects, as well as to get involved in strategical, tactical and operational improvements of the offshored and outsourced services delivered to both the Learning organization and its learners. These activities will contribute to the broader operational excellence, business partnership and innovation goals for the HR Services organization in support of the Businesses and Functions.
• Project and CI delivery in support of a ~10M USD Learning Services organization of ~200 FTE, supporting a global footprint of ~600 Learning professionals and ~140000 learners across ~145 countries
• Broad scope of role in a dynamic, global environment which will provide experience and in-role development opportunities in various areas
• Project and CI activities spanning across processes, data, systems, policy and people from different organizational units, providers and vendors
• Diverse team and stakeholder management responsibilities
Principal Accountabilities: Requirements:
• Contributes to the Learning Operations programme office in terms of management of the portfolio and pipeline of centrally coordinated global Learning projects and CI initiatives, supporting effective pacing, sequencing and budgeting
• Advises on and manages (independently or as part of a broader governance structure) project and CI delivery, including: identification and framing of opportunities, forming of project teams and delivery structures, business case development, scoping and planning, requirements gathering and analysis, solution design and testing, implementation and transition, change management, benefits definition and assurance
• Proactively manages resources, dependencies and risks and structurally reports back on progress, intervening where targets are at risk and escalating to the Manager Learning Projects as required
• Supports the Manager Global Learning Projects and Manager Learning Operations in the engagement of LearnNet, the Learning Businesses and Functions and HR Services organisation
• Feeds in internal and external best practices in project management and CI
• Advises on and contributes to the definition and implementation of project management & CI capability building and sharing initiatives within the broader Learning Operations team and HR Services organisation
Number of Vacancies: 2
Benefits of working at Shell:
- 5+ years of experience in varied HR and/or IT project and CI delivery roles.
- Ability to deliver operational excellence through project change initiatives.
- Ability to interact well with people of different backgrounds, interests and/or priorities, build coalitions and alliance of groups that may have widely different aims.
- Experience in and exposure to the application of project management, change management and CI tools and methodologies.
- Experience in the integration space of (Learning) People, Processes, Policy, Systems and Data.
- Proven delivery track record.
- Ability to create strong partnerships, including the ability to collaborate and influence across organizational boundaries
- Ability to set direction and guide the business through changing contexts and requirements;
- Ability to set and maintain a high standard of professional and operational excellence, demonstrating visible leadership and people management skills to drive delivery.
- Demonstrated resilience and the ability to work consistently through challenges with integrity and transparency
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects