We are looking for a capable and independent person to be part of a Global Operations team in Legal that predominantly focuses on Corporate related matters globally. We work as a team in providing legal advice and support and strive to be accepted by the business as a reliable, credible, professional business partner.
This lawyer will report to the Central Legal Services Manager, Global Operations, in a team that supports a wide variety of other legal departments and businesses spread across the world. The successful candidate will need to show a high degree of flexibility and to be able to work and provide legal support to the business virtually. Also, whilst the role has a clear focus on corporate matters, Central Legal Services works as a global team and all lawyers are expected to support each other and at times, undertake work supporting other business units. This cross-over is also encouraged from a personal development perspective.
The main purpose of the role is to provide high quality, accurate and timely legal advice under Legal Services Global Operations department with a strong focus on corporate with a view to furthering business objectives and protecting shareholder interests.
- General advice for a variety of corporate related legal matters affecting the Shell Group of companies.
- Advice in relation to the legal aspects of secondments (excluding employment law aspects)
- Co-ordination of legal due diligence in relation to Global Share Plans and a conditional bonus plan;
- Advice in relation to Social Performance and Global Business Environment including:
- Due diligence, production and review of legal documentation;
- Non-disclosure agreements;
- Publishing agreements.
- Advice in relation to Group Services and Cost Recovery (across all business lines and functions) including:
- Preparation of and implementation of new cost sharing agreements;
- Advising on deviations from the standard process;
- Advising on the operation of the intra-group framework (invoicing, delegation of services, rights/obligations of cost sharers), the provision of functional services for non-cost sharers and Shell Business Operations, satellite agreements;
- Preparation and implementation of direct service agreements for functional services;
- Liaise with the appropriate cost sharing working parties;
- Increase awareness and retain knowledge on cost sharing by giving trainings to staff of Shell Business Operations;
- Capture learnings and propose improvements to the existing processes, agreements, guidance notes.
- Carry out such other tasks to support colleagues within the Corporate team, as required
- At least 5-8 years legal experience.Number of Vacancies: 4
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Experience in the oil and gas industry or international energy projects will be an added advantage;
- A Degree in Law;
- Good negotiating skills;
- Strong legal drafting skills;
- The ability to develop and sustain relationships with stakeholders at all levels;
- Broad corporate and commercial outlook;
- Able to develop and implement legal compliance programmes and policies;
- Able to influence Leaders and teams;
- Excellent in interpersonal skills and able to communicate in excellent English (both written and verbal);
- Sensitive to local culture, understanding local drivers, values and relationships
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects