Complete all assigned process activities (General Leger, Fixed Assets, Group Reporting, Management Information, Statutory and other) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Preparation and reconciliation of financial statements for various entities
- Understand reported numbers for the business under own control and monitor /challenge values in critical accounts.
- Prepare accurate and timely information for group accounting, reporting and management information.
- Booking and calculation of depreciation, impairments, write offs etc.
- Cooperate with various stakeholders (from Shell Business Operations in Krakow, Global Reporting and Analysis Teams, Group Reporting, Business Partners and Auditors).
- Effectively and promptly identifying and resolving problems during month end close as a key to meeting closing deadlines
- Execution of financial controls, ensuring operational and design effectiveness of the controls within areas of responsibility
- Candidate must possess the ability to work on different tasks concurrently, often with tight deadlines.
- Participate, initiate and lead process improvements.
- Ensure operational and design effectiveness of the controls within areas of responsibility.
- Actively participate in backup structure.
- Other assigned activities.
At least 4 years professional experience in Finance or Accounting
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent courses with experience
- ACCA/CIMA/IFRS or similar post-graduate qualification would be beneficial
- Experience in financial statements preparation
- Knowledge of IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) is desirable
- Excellent written and spoken business level in English
- Very good knowledge of all accounting processes or previous experience in other departments within Finance Departments
- Very strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Expected to identify opportunities for optimization, streamlining processes and achieving greater organizational efficiency
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to adapt to changing environment
- Very good working knowledge of Word, Excel and MS Outlook
- Experience of using a major ERP system such as SAP, SUN, would be beneficial
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects