-In accordance with the Tax Management Framework and Controls (TMF&C), manage the effective and efficient operation of the Canada Income Tax Compliance and Reporting Team, including managing the Tax people performing such services.
-Ensure the accurate and timely filing of Canada income tax returns and payments thereof.
-Ensure that all Canada Income Tax processes are performed and enforce all controls in conformity and in compliance with the TMF&C, achieving positive attestations from internal and external auditors.
-Provide support to the Canada Country Tax Lead and Process Manager in his/her briefings, engagements, and other interfaces with Senior Management in Tax and business leaders across Shell in Canada.
-Interface with Canada Controller Managers and Business Tax Advisors on Canada Income Tax Compliance and Reporting matters.
Through those Tax staff that report directly to him/her and those external to Tax that he/she influences, manage the effective and efficient operation of the Canada Income Tax Compliance and Reporting Team; such to include:
- Providing advice to the Businesses and Functions,
- Calculating, recording, and reporting Canada income tax provisions, true-ups, and effective direct tax rate,
- Ensuring the accurate and timely filing of Canada income tax returns and payments (including quarterly estimated tax payments),
- Ensuring that Canada tax basis balance sheets are maintained for all Canada sectors and that they support the deferred tax assets/liabilities on the financial statements,
- Providing support to the following Tax Areas/Functions:
Shaping tax law and rules, and external representation,
Planning and tax financial structuring,
Managing tax inspections and disputes.
- Manage the Canada Income Tax F&R personnel directly reporting to him/her to coordinate their efforts, ensure consistency and efficiency, and ensure compliance with all Shell people processes.Requirements:
- Broad experience in business taxation working for multinational organisation, or a professional firm;
- Recognized professional qualification and a member of a recognized accounting or legal professional body;
- Deep knowledge and experience in income tax law and practice;
- Strong understanding of governance processes, Control Frameworks, controls in a tax environment and tax accounting under GAAP and IFRS;
- Effective communicator of complex tax issues; both oral and written
- Effective client/project management and task prioritization skills;
- Effective manager of own staff and consultants;
- Effective at establishing and utilizing external relationships and contacts for the benefit of Shell;
- Effective at influencing others within and outside of Shell Tax;
- Ability to adapt to new or changing circumstances and ambiguous or pressured situations;
- Demonstrates imagination and creativity in the evaluation of issues and development of possible solutions;
- Ability to evaluate tax risks, balance risk with Business objectives, and make recommendations that are objective, practical, technically appropriate, and supportive of the Business;
- Effective team player on Tax and cross-functional/cross-sector teams
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Utwórz powiadomienie, a informacje o nowych ofertach pracy spełniających Twoje kryteria otrzymasz mailowo.
Dziękujemy za utworzenie powiadomienia. Nowe oferty pracy spełniające ustawione przez Ciebie kryteria będą przesyłane na Twój adres e-mail.
Zamknij okno, aby wrócić do poprzedniej strony.