State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
SPDR Research Manager
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-597886
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
The role of a SPDR Research Manager is to lead a team which is responsible for providing data and analytical support to the Global SPDR Business with a specific focus:
Competitive Analysis Returns Based Data & Analytics Portfolio Analysis Ad Hoc Team Support
The team you will manage will provides support, and is part of, the SPDR Americas Research team.
- Production of Morningstar Side by Side comparisons
- Provide thoughtful reasoning and build an investment case for a client to use a SPDR ETF versus competing exposures.
- Production of Universe comparison in Morningstar vs competition both ETF and active funds
Returns Based Data and Analytics
- Production of Zephyr Based Returns reports
- Provide data sets to clients such as holdings, returns streams, fundamental characteristics, and other ad hoc requests.
- Production of the SPDR signature Portfolio Insights and Analysis, an in-depth look into our client’s portfolio construction featuring valuable insights to areas of weakness and potential risk.
4. Ad Hoc Team Support
- Provide support to the SPDR Americas Research team with their analysis, white papers, commentary, and other data oriented requests.
- Provide support to the SPDR EMEA Research team with their analysis, white papers, commentary, and other data oriented requests.
- Build automated data-feeds for monthly and quarterly updates of: index comparisons documents, standard presentations.
As a manager, you will engage with other channel managers of the SPDR sales organization to provide thorough research and market/competitive analysis. You will also collaborate with marketing, product, and the investment strategy teams to achieve the firm’s desired results.
The candidate will be leading a team of research analysts and ensure all processes and procedures are being followed to the highest level of risk excellence. You will motivate your team and guide the career development of you direct reports. You should have a desire to utilize technology and create solutions to increase efficiencies in the workflow.
The candidate should possess good mathematical, decision-making and communication skills.
- Desire to develop understanding global ETF landscape and the SPDR ETF business
- Working knowledge of using tools such as Bloomberg, Morningstar, and Zephyr preferred.
- Previous experience with ETFs is desirable, but not necessary
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to use initiative, demonstrate flexibility and think creatively to solve problems
- Ability to prioritize workload and work to tight deadlines
- Absolute attention to detail and high degree of accuracy when working under pressure
- Commitment to further study and qualifications (preferably CFA or studying for CFA designation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, VBA and PowerPoint
- Programming skills
- Awareness or risks associated with investing
- Maintaining knowledge of market and economic issues
Computer literacy is essential although some IT skills can be acquired during training. Excel is particularly important as roles often involve financial modelling and projection work.
Critical Behaviors for Success as defined by the PPR System at Core level
- Proven record of excellent managerial skills
- Ability to motivate staff to achieve desired results
- Good numerical and analytical abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written
- Very good English
Bachelor’s Degree; MBA a plus
5-7 years of industry experience.
Prior management experience.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.