State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
AVP Manager European Shareholder Services - SSGA Poland
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-597532
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
The Functions of the team include:
- Processing of subscription and redemption activity into systems.
- Ensuring all instructions received from Clients are aligned with SSGA’s instruction procedures and security controls.
- Investigation of any reconciliation exceptions related to subscription and redemption activity.
- Anti-money laundering / suspicious activity monitoring controls.
- Data analysis and report design.
- Project work
The Functions of the role include:
- Contributing to strategic planning for your team and help to define the multi-site operating model.
- Manage transfer of activities from different locations into your team with a complete focus on mitigating risk and ensuring seamless continuity of services.
- Ensuring that the team provides accurate and timely operational investment support.
- Responsible for monitoring and oversight of daily processes and controls. Hands on approach and willingness to step in and complete daily processes where coverage is required.
- Assign daily responsibilities clearly to the team members, lead and motivate the team. Complete tasks assigned in a timely manner.
- Maintain effective working relationships and communications with the team members and ensure they are developed and supported. This entails associated people management activities including goal setting, conducting performance reviews, talent development and recruitment.
- Manage operational risk within your team, regularly review and identify further opportunities for risk mitigation. Ensure all functional procedures are kept up to date.
- Support a culture of effective challenge to evolve daily operational processes, recommend and implement changes and deliver continuous improvement. Be open to feedback.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including other business lines and corporate functions.
- Maintain the highest standards of conduct and integrity within the business and ensure compliance with industry practice, company policies, statute and regulatory requirements in all matters.
- Attendance at internal and external meetings as required.
- Meet regularly with peers to ensure that operating model is consistent and to share best practice.
- Lead key projects to improve efficiencies and re-evaluate processes.
- You will have experience of leading a team, and managing through change.
- You will have experience of people management, including recruitment and appraisals.
- You will have strong analytical skills and a positive organised approach.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
- You will be able to work confidently both independently and as part of a team.
- You have the ability to plan and run multiple priorities and tasks with the skills to adapt and be flexible to change in a delivery focused, deadline driven environment
- You are willing to assume responsibility and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external clients.
Level Of Education:
Degree qualified (or equivalent) with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
Very good English, other languages an advantage.
Previous Level Of Experience:
5+ years robust industry experience within Investment Operations or Transfer Agency function is desirable.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.