Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge, that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Transfer Agency Control Manager
The Transfer Agency Control Manager is responsible for the management and oversight of all Global Transfer Agency procedures, practices and initiatives. This is a critical role which strives to protect BBH, its Client and their Clients investments in the funds and countries for which BBH provides Transfer Agency services. Day to day responsibility is to ensure that the call backs of certain static data changes are undertaken accurately, timely and in accordance with procedures. The role involves close interactions with various Global Transfer Agency teams locally and across locations. It is critical in managing operational risk and should appeal to experienced Transfer Agency, Compliance or Risk personnel who have been involved in anti-fraud, transaction monitoring and analytical type roles. It also requires ongoing internal and market analysis of Best Practice and benchmarking techniques to ensure that BBH policy for TA anti-fraud is aligned to best industry and BBH practice.
The Transfer Agency Control Manager will also be the Transfer Agent’s key anti-fraud contact point for Clients, Client Service and Investor Relations Management, as well as Relationship Management. This will involve participation in conference calls, client meetings and presentations, as required. It is expected that the candidate will be the subject matter expert for the escalation of any issues that arise during the day to day processing.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Ensure and/or undertake the performance of call backs on critical bank detail changes and certain changes in contact details.
- Production of daily critical metrics outlining the day’s activities, items pending, key decisions, etc.
- Oversee the distribution of the daily confirmations on changes to static data, ensuring that all are successfully delivered.
- Act as an escalation point for IOB (Investor Onboarding and Investor Ongoing Monitoring) Management in determining whether a change of static data request warrants a call back and/or written confirmation and/or escalation.
- Ensure all activity is carried out in accordance with BBH and/or Funds procedure and documentation.
- Ensure all work is processed and/or reported in accordance with the agreed operating procedures. Oversee regular reviews of procedures.
- Provide updates and support for the Transfer Agency Investor Relations Managers on anti-fraud initiatives, including but not limited to, information for board reporting, client servicing reports, business plans, new client presentations, service level agreements, etc..
- Establish solid contacts with all areas and all levels at our clients’ organizations, but also internally through leveraging the expertise and resources in our Hong Kong, Luxembourg, Krakow and Boston offices to fulfill our global operating model requirement.
- Liaison with senior management, including the transfer agency risk steering group and other internal stakeholders on anti-fraud initiatives.
- Represent the Transfer Agency group on industry groups, client calls and in turn providing feedback on training to the teams on anti-fraud initiatives.
- Act as global transfer agency’s anti-fraud liaison with various BBH stakeholders, including but not limited to, operational risk, compliance, internal audit.
- Responsible for setting goals and objectives for each team member and ensuring that these are actively monitored and kept up to date.
- Be responsible for the training of staff, ensuring that all specific requirements are understood, as well as ensuring cross training is in place to develop depth and breadth of knowledge.
- Be responsible for the performance reviews of direct reports (and their direct reports) and will have the authority to recommend promotion and level of compensation. The TA anti-fraud officer will also have the authority to handle employees failing to meet team expectations.
- Ensure that employees who are not performing as expected are managed and mentored accordingly, putting in place a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) if necessary.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels are in place, to meet both daily and future business requirements.
- Ensure regular team meetings are held and views and feedback is encouraged and sought from all attendees. Hold 1-2-1 meetings with your direct reports.
- 7+ year’s Transfer Agency, Risk or Compliance experience, with demonstrable experience in anti-fraud measures advantageous.
- Minimum of 4 years management experience essential.
- Ability to manage and work with virtual, remote and global teams is important.
- Experience in planning, initiating and following through to meet objectives.
- Be able to demonstrate ability to coordinate with other departments and stakeholders to meet client needs.
- Proven track record in identifying, recommending and implementing innovative solutions.
- Excellent communication and client-facing skills.
- Well developed technical skills.
- Strong interpersonal, as well as organizational skills.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.